1. Welcome to Hawkins

Senior Year, the final year - for others at least. I just moved here, y/n y/l/n after I got expelled from my previous High School. It was hard for my dad to find a new school that would accept me but Hawkins High took me in claiming that they'll change me for the better; it took us a year to find this school, resulting to me missing half senior year.

"She can't graduate this year sir, she can enrol now, but she'll have to repeat next Senior year either way - unless she's willing to take up extra classes since she fell behind, she'll have to repeat next year," the principal said to my father who was paying attention more to his daughter playing with her rings than to the man in front of him.

"Uh how about summer school is that an option?"

"Hey, what no!" I demanded sitting straight up with protest.

"Yes sir, that is an option," the principal replied ignoring the irrational teen in front of him.

"Good, sign her up for summer school, extra classes and she'll be enrolling tomorrow morning," my clearly cross father stated getting up and putting his jacket back on.

"What I don't need summer school if I'm gonna take extra classes," I protested.

"You're taking summer school either way," my father said as he sent a smile to the principle, "Thank you for your time Mr. Higgins."

I looked up at my father with furrowed brows, "we'll be happy to see you tomorrow Ms. y/l/n," the principal said looking over to the brunette with a small smile.

The father and the daughter walked out of the office, "what the hell was that?" I said gesturing to the door as I walked fast trying to catch up with my dad.

"That's your punishment," he said opening one of the doors to leave it closing in his daughter's face.

"What the fuck," I mumbled pushing the door myself.

***

"y/n! You got school come down stairs!" I groaned as I put on a Black Sabbath tank top and a pair of grey joggers, layering it with a flannel, tied the laces to my worn out Jordan's and layered a couple of necklaces and rings leaving my hair in a messy bun.

"y/n!" my father's voice yelled again.

"yeah yeah I'm coming," I ran down the stairs, tossing my backpack over one shoulder, grabbing my car keys, "bye!"

***

I pulled up into a parking space and got out. God. This is... such a typical High School. As I walked trying to find an isolated area people whispered clearly talking about me. I walked faster, this is literal hell. Great. There were girls in cheerleading suits, and jocks with matching varsity jackets, nerdy people, goths, freaks...anything you can imagine, name it and it'll be there.

I entered the school halls, filled to the brim. Looking around trying to see the small numbers plastered next to the blue doors and looking back down to the crumpled up schedule I held in my hands, I bumped into someone dropping their walkie talkie? The fuck? I got down and picked it up, "oh shit sorry, dude here," a skinny kid stared at me, "yo, you good?" I waved my hand in front of his face.

"Oh uh sorry, thanks," he said taking the object from my hand and shaking his head a bit, "communication," he said chuckling. "Uh yeah weird concept," I said looking at him, fuck it I might as well introduce myself. "Y/n" I extended my hand, as he took it he replied with, "Mike,"

The bell rang dismissing our awkward interaction. "Uh class," I said pointing at a random classroom, "yeah same," he walked away as he continued looking backwards catching glimpses. Now that was weird.