8. The Party

I showered and made sure my hair didn't look puffy, I decided to dress up since it was a party after all. I wore a grey top underneath a short silk black dress, and black tights which showed the skin slightly, along with a pair of black platform boots and a small black bag. I layered a couple of chains and my usual rings and earrings, painting my nails black and adding a bit of eyeliner, mascara and to top it off a bit off lip gloss. I ran down the stairs leaving a note on the fridge letting my dad know that I might arrive late and that he had dinner in the fridge.

I drove over to Dustin's house who sat in the passenger seat, "hi y/n!" he said excitedly, "you look so different," he said with a wider smile, "I hope that's a good different," I replied earning an eager nod from the curly-haired boy. I then drove over to Mike's who ran into the back seat scooting in the middle and leaned forwards, "man I'm so excited!" he exclaimed. He looked over to me, "whoa."

"I know right," Dustin said looking back at him, "Eddie should've came," he said smirking, "dude shut up," Dustin whisper-yelled.

"You know I'm here right?" I said keeping my eyes on the road earning an innocent 'mhm' from both of them.

We drove over to Steve's house which was illuminated with colourful lights and it was apparent that not a lot of people had arrived. Dustin and Mike got out of the car and walked down the pathway with me walking behind them, "I told you nine is too early," I groaned as they walked inside, a couple of people sat on the couch.

"Steve?" Dustin yelled out. The guy from Family Video came around the corner yelling "Henderson!" with excitement. He walked over to the boy and grabbed his hand doing what seemed like their own handshake, "hey Mike," he said dabbing him up.

"y/n?" he said looking at the girl who stood awkwardly behind the two boys, "yeah," she chuckled as she shook his hand.

"You guys know each other?" Dustin exclaimed looking between the both of us, "just met this one time at work," Steve replied looking at me with a smirk.

"It's nice to formally meet you," Steve continued, "I came here in hopes to meet some new people, since you know... I'm new here," I replied, "oh you're new here?" Steve said acting surprised walking into the kitchen, motioning with his hand for me to follow him.

Now it was Dustin and Mike who were following us whispering between themselves, "yeah I've been here for like a week," I chuckled and I noticed from the corner of my eye that Dustin was reaching for a beer, I turned around quickly.

"Henderson you cannot drink," Steve and I said in unity as we pointed at him. The fourteen year old raised both his arms up as if he was being held at gun point, "jeez okay okay."

"Can I offer you a drink y/n?" Steve said catching my attention again, "a beer's fine," I said as he reached over and opened one for me.

"So where'd you come from?" Steve said opening another beer for himself, "Ohio," I replied.

"Pretty cool," he trailed off smacking his lips, leading to an awkward silence.

"So uh, you got any movie recommendations?" I asked, making Steve snicker, "I suck ass at socializing," I continued.

"Oh don't worry, so do I, I didn't before but now I just find it...harder," Steve said looking at me, "I don't know sometimes I think it depends on the situation or my mood," I said shaking my head, "yeah I think it affects me too," he nodded pointing at me in a manner of agreement.

"Yo Robin," Steve yelled as the girl from Family Video approached us, "Heyy," she said as she fist bumped Harrington and grabbed a red solo cup pouring contents into it, "y/n right?" she said nodding towards me, "you're good shop keepers if you remember everyone's names," I smiled.