15. Mom

I drove behind Emily towards the Starcourt Mall, God she drives slow. Then again she just got her liscence so I can't really blame her. We parked away from each other since it was packed and met by the door.

"Hey! Let's get shopping," she said excitedly grabbing my hand and walking me into the mall, "but what about food?" I grumbled, "oh c'mon we can do that later," she smiled as we walked into a women's shop filled with dresses, skirts and vibrant colours, she looked me up and down, "hmm," she walked towards a clothes rack a I followed behind her confused, "this is perfect," she exclaimed picking up a purple mini dress, "seriously?" I exclaimed, "what? you have the perfect body shape for it c'mon try it on!" she urged.

"No! No way," I said stepping back as she walked towards me with the dress in her hand, "c'mon Eddie will love it," 

"Ed- you know about us?" 

"Duh, isn't it a bit obvious? Plus you and him are the current talk of the school."

"I thought you liked him." 

"Sure but I'm not gonna crush on my friend's boyfriend."

"Y-you're my friend?"

"Yeah of course why wouldn't I be? You're so cool and well you're really nice to me," she smiled.

"Oh uh thanks, I'm glad that you're my friend Em."

"C'mon try this on before we get all sentimental."

"Fine fine," I said grabbing the dress as I rolled my eyes while she clapped happily. I walked out of the dressing room feeling quite out of place, the dress has puffy sleeves and it's all ruffled and purply it reminds me of myself in middle school, it makes me think of mom. 

"So?" I said making Emily to turn around to look at me, her jaw dropped, "it's that bad?" I whispered as I covered my stomach feeling uncomfortable, "holy crap y/n you look amazing," she replied walking towards me, "really?" I asked confused, "oh my God, people are gonna go crazy if they see you in this," she hyped me up as I rolled my eyes.

"I don't know," I trailed off, "you look so good, if you don't buy it I'll get it for you," 

"I mean I can step a bit out of my own style," I said looking in the mirror trying to accept it, Emily nodded, "yeah okay I'll get it," I smiled as Emily smiled wider, "c'mon now we have to find something for you," I said as I walked out of the changing room with the dress in my hand.

We shopped around for a while and we both found some stuff, both within and out of our style, "I'm hungry," Emily said as she grabbed onto her stomach, "finally let's go get some food," I replied as we walked into a diner.

We sat down at a table waiting for the food, "so, how'd you and Eddie meet?" Emily asked trying to think of something to say, "uh tutoring," I smiled, "aren't you new here?" she asked confused, "wait Eddie's your tutor? didn't he like repeat the year twi-" 

"Emily, I'm his tutor, I studied the material 'cause my mother was a writer," I smiled thinking back on her, "oh wow," she sighed, "I wish my mom was something like that she just cleans the house n' stuff." 

"Don't take that for granted, seriously it's a lot of work," I adjusted myself in my seat as she furrowed her brows in confusion, "I do that stuff on a daily basis and it's really tiring," I continued, "yeah fair enough, so you're tutoring him in English?" she said adding one plus one.

"Yup," I replied, "so does he like pay attention or do you end up making out?" Emily continued as a smirked formed on her face, "oh my God Em," I rolled my eyes as her eyes widened, "Em he does pay attention," I exclaimed, "mhm yeah sure," she teased.