5.Five

Inspiration for Mateo above

I woke up to Magda opening my curtains around noon. She was singing and humming as she stopped to turn around and look at me in bed, "Senior Angel said you had trouble sleeping and wanted you to sleep in today."

I smiled at Magda and said thank you as I checked the foot of my bed to see that there was no preselected outfit for me today which made me happy. Magda showed where the closet was by leading me to the door to the left of the bathroom. I was too stunned to speak when we entered the closet.

The walk in closet was the size of an average home's bedroom with a bunch of designer clothes filling every rack and fancy shoes ranging fron tennis shoes to heels and boots neatly organized on the shoe racks. There were purses from all different luxury brands displayed as if they were on display at a luxury store and at the center of the room was a beautiful liliac sofa matching my bedroom.

As thankful as I was, all of these things were not my style. I'd always wear clothing thst hid my body from being too self-conscious.

Magda began searching through the clothing and began pulling out random dresses to look at for me to try on. She'd nod her head in disagreement and stick it back on the rack or smile in approval and hand it over to me. Her hands finally pulled out a beautiful yellow sundress.

"How about this one, niña? I'm sure Teo would love to see you in it" she teased.

I quickly blushed away from her, "me and Teo are familia"

She laughed,  "the young master has never been in love, yet when I first saw you I saw it's more than some platonic thing with you mija. Also you two are not related by blood or law, your godfather just baptized you." 

I finally agreed with her on the dress after she held up close to my chest to see how it would look. "Come, on you go put this dress on and I'll help you do your hair."

I showered quickly and changed into the sundress. The yellow of the dress made my almond complexion look warm like honey. The dress tightened at my breasts and released into a flowing lose skirt that ended a couple inches above my knees.

Magda blow dried my hair and began curling it into soft waves. I remember Teo saying most of the security here was family and a bit of curiosity sparked and wondered if Magda was part of Teo's family.

"Magda are you related to Nino's family?" She smiled as she wrapped another strand of my hair on the curling wand, "yes I am. I am your Nino's step cousin. I grew up with Angel when we were little. His mom and my step mom were sisters." When Angel came to America I followed and wanted to serve as his house matron."

I turned around and hugged her which took her by surprise but smiled and hugged me back. "Then you are my family now too " I said smiling up at her. Magda's face lit up with happiness and smiled as she continued to do me hair, "there you go ! Beautiful!".