;37 maybe its the opioids?

Start from the beginning

"Is it safe?" Neville asked.

"Yeah, we'll be fine," Violet reassured, taking a pack of cigarettes out of her bag and lighting one. She brought it to Neville's lips, instructing him to take a drag, he looked at her, confused and she tilted her head, and then he took a drag.

He began to cough violently after, making Violet practically cackle. She hugged him tightly, patting his back, "I need to teach you how to smoke." She told him, kissing his cheek then made her way to the Slytherin dorms.

✧・゚: *✧

two months later, hogsmeade.

"It's kind of ominous," Lana commented, lighting herself a joint. "Like something out of an Edgar Allen Poe novel."

"Ominous?" Violet repeated her words, "What does that mean?"

"Spooky," Lana replied, exhaling smoke. They sat down on a bench, looking at the abandoned town that used to be Hogsmeade. It saddened Violet, to see the empty shops that looked like a hurricane hit them. It was spooky like Lana said, but not in a good way.

There was a person behind a tree. A figure. "What the fuck?" Violet gasped, squinting her eyes in shock.

"What?" Lana asked, trying to see what she's seeing.

"You don't see that?" Violet said, turning to Lana, then back to the figure, which was now gone. "Huh?"

"Violet, there's nothing there." Lana laughed.

"I swear to god I saw someone." Violet protested, sounding stern.

"Maybe it's the opioids?" Lana offered, jokingly.

Violet huffed, exhausted and now feeling like she was going insane. Honestly, she only came because she needed to call Diana. "Can we find the telephone booth?" She asked, feeling weird. She didn't like it here.

"Oh, yeah." Lana agreed, stepping over the pieces of shattered glass and wood. It was a ghost town at this point. The booth was still bright red, shiny, and untouched. It looked out of place with everything else. She stepped into the booth, dialed the number, and heard it ring.

It stopped ringing. "Hello?" Diana said through the phone, a wave of relief washing over Violet, hearing the sound of her voice always calmed her down.

Violet didn't even notice the tears that grew in her eyes. "Hey." She greeted, smiling at the floor. "I just wanted to talk...catch up."

She heard some fumbling over the phone, "Violet, honey, I'm a bit busy at the moment. I'm so sorry, kid."

"No, it's..." Violet was crushed but understood. "I should've known. I mean...with the circumstances and everything that's going on—"

"Don't be sorry. I haven't been talking to you a lot lately, I promise we'll catch up soon." Diana reassured her.

"Yeah, okay." Violet agreed, nodding at herself, a tear falling down her cheek. She didn't know why she was crying, but she was.

"Are you alright, Violet?" Diana asked, hearing her voice break.

"I'm fine." Violet told her, "You should get back to whatever you were doing."

"Okay. Talk to you soon, okay?"

"Okay."

"I love you."

"Love you too."

Diana hung up.

✧・゚: *✧

"Bye Veeeeeee..." Andy hummed as he dropped her off at the Slytherin common room.

Violet exhaled smoke, using her lips to shape it into small 'Os'. "Bye, Andy." She smiled, whispered the passcode, and then let herself in, humming the tune of 'Human Behavior' by Björk, the song being stuck in her head after hearing it at the party.

"Bloody hell, Zamora," Pansy commented, looking down at her. Violet walked towards the beginning of the steps, "You look worse every day."

Violet stared at her from the bottom of the staircase, tilting her head. Her pink makeup was now smeared, and she just wanted one night of peace. She was honestly exhausted and wasn't in the mood to fight or argue with Pansy for once. That showed how depressed she was.

She began walking up the stairs, past Pansy, and about to enter her dorm, "By the way," She began, making Violet want to scream Shut the fuck up! In her face. "Snape told me he wanted to see you in his office."

Violet turned to look at her, "I'll go tomorrow."

Pansy huffed. "He said he wanted to see you as soon as possible."

"Fuck, okay." Violet sighed, "Let me change first." She said as she walked up the stairs, entering her dorm and grabbing a dark blue sweater and a pair of baggy jeans, changing as Pansy walked past her to go to the bathroom.

She took down her hair, letting her curls fall in front of her face. Violet tried to fix her smudged makeup, but it just wasn't working. She groaned, grabbing her bag and then heading down the stairs. She was so tired and had almost been awake for a straight 48 hours. At this point, she couldn't even sleep.

She would feel someone touching her, pulling the sheets of her comforter, looking at her through the window, eyeing her from a dark-lit hallway, following her as she made her way back to the castle. She had a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach. But then again, she was really drugged up.

Making your way through the castle while high was like being the main character in an Indiana Jones movie. Every ten or so seconds she leave her body, and feel like she was looking down at herself. The number of times someone had woken her up because she passed out in the middle of the hallway was astronomical. At this point the teachers didn't care about the children, everyone was selfish.

It stood out, Violet's current mental state. She was very pale at the moment and stopped putting in the effort in...everything. Friends, classes, outfits, makeup, speaking, living. She knocked on Snape's office door, "Come in." He announced, and she walked in, looking around. It was like seeing an evil lair. She had never been in here before. "You can sit."

She placed her bag next to the chair, sitting down, her expression lifeless. Her eyes drooped, smeared pink eyeshadow from the other night still there. "Is everything okay, Professor Snape? Why am I here?" Violet questioned, sounding rude, but it was obvious that she was exhausted.

"Miss Zamora, I have some unfortunate news to tell you this morning." Snape adjusted his position.

Violet's heart dropped. Was it Harry? If it were Ron, Violet would feel like she was partly to blame. Also, "Morning?" She asked aloud, looking at the sunrise from the window. It was 5 am. She hasn't slept in 46 hours. Holy shit. "Okay..."

"Diana Makari Moon, she..." No, no, no, no... "She passed."

Violet's eyes went wide, "Wait, wait, wait..." She murmured, in a state of shock. She hadn't fully processed the information she just received. Something bad was going to happen. She just didn't expect it to be this.

EXILE, h. potterOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara