;37 maybe its the opioids?

━━━━  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ ━━━━

january 5th, 1998.
HOGWARTS

-

"i swear to god i saw someone."

"maybe it's the opioids?"

•••

(this chapter was literally so hard to write sorry that so much stuff happens. also, school is kicking my ass so updates might be a bit slower but i'm trying to write and finish this by december? cw smoking & drinking as usual, also drug usage severely DO NOT BE LIKE VIOLET! also MAJOR CHARACTER DEATH. talk to me on my tumblr @latinasforvigilantes)

Violet was sitting in a below-freezing classroom, listening to Slughorn ramble on and on about how cutting a leaf into fourths instead of fifths could be life-changing. It was the last period of the day, so everyone was collectively exhausted and not listening. Plus, she had taken some fentanyl during the passing period, so she could hardly feel or see anything.

"Hey, uh, Violet?" Someone tapped her, but she couldn't hear well. "Class is over." They told her. She blinked and turned to them, squinting to try and see who it was.

She smiled widely when she realized who it was, Neville. "Hey, Longbottom."

"You okay?" He asked.

Violet nodded, packing her things. "Yeah, sorry, just tired."

"I understand," Neville said, walking outside of the classroom with her. He was always a sweet guy, one time he walked her all the way to the Slytherin common room when she was drunk. "You want me to walk you back?"

"Yeah, please." She agreed, resting her head on his shoulder. "You're a good person, Neville. Walking me all the way back to the dungeons. Seriously, thank you."

"No problem." Neville replied, "Probably need the exercise anyways."

Violet looked up at him with furrowed brows, chin on his shoulder blade. "No you don't," She protested, cupping his face with one of her hands playfully, "You're perfect."

"Okay, Violet." Neville laughed, guiding her hands to his shoulders. "We're at the dorms."

"Hey, um," Violet began, "Would you wanna go with me, Lana, Andy, and Naya to Hogsmeade tomorrow?"

Neville gave her a look, "Isn't it abandoned now?"

"So?" Violet laughed as he had just told a funny joke. "I need to get out of this castle."