"I know. The police is going to get to the bottom of it. You have your statement, and now they'll do their job to find these monsters. You've did your part as a good samaritan." Heaven replied.

Before Solana could even respond, the pediatric doctor came through the double doors skimming the room for Heaven. "Hey Heaven, I have updates for both of the kids actually. So Daloni needs some blood drawn, and he's giving his nurses a hard time. He said that they didn't know what they were doing."

Heaven and Solana chuckled, already visualizing the show that Daloni was giving. "Yall know my baby tired of them damn needles. I'll be up there in a minute." She said through her laughs. "What's the update on the little girl?"

"Well you know I'm not supposed to be telling you this, but I was never here. She's severely malnourished and dehydrated. She's also hypothermia. Temperature is reading at a solid ninety." The doctor responded.

"What the hell?" Heaven frowned. "Did the police find her stupid ass parents?"

"Last I check no. Right now, she's a Jane Doe. Nobody filed any missing persons report, so nobody knows nothing about this little girl. Child services are in there with her now. Heaven this isn't good. If we can't bring her body temperature up, she's going to die" The doctor replied, with sadness in her voice.

"Can I see her?" Solana asked, avoiding eye contact with the doctor. The news that she had just heard really tugged at her heart. She couldn't wrap her mind around why someone would abandon their child like that. It honestly made her sick to her stomach.

The doctor made eye contact with Heaven and shook her head. "Heaven, I'm breaking so many rules right now."

"Please Nic. I promise your name won't come up. My sister just wants to make sure she's okay." Heaven pleaded. Heaven knew that her and the pediatric doctor were breaking so many laws right now, but she wanted to see the little girl herself.

"Room ten. Make it quick Heaven."

Heaven and Solana allowed for their feet to lead them through the pediatric doors. They followed the arrows to the fifties and started to look at the numbers on the doors. They walked all the way down to the end of the hallway, stopping seeing a police officer guarding the door.

Heaven cleared her throat, preparing her words. "Excuse me sir, my sister was the one that found the little girl in there, she just wanted to check in on her before she left.

"Sorry, I'm not allowed to let anyone through this door." The officer, shook his head.

Heaven smacked her lips, rolling her eyes. "If it wasn't for my sister she wouldn't even be here, so could you please give her some damn leeway. Matter fact tell the social worker to come here. Let me have a little chat with her."

The officer shrugged his shoulders, opening the door signaling for the social worker. When the social worker saw who was at the door, she smiled standing to her feet. "Hey, are you guys the one who brought her in? I haven't had a chance to meet you guys yet."

"Yes, my sister found her by the car." Heaven replied, barging her way through the door. Solana quietly followed behind, feeling her heart thump against her chest. "She wanted to see her before we left."

Solana swallowed the lump in her throat, and stared at the small child in front of her. The room became silent and the only thing that could be heard were the machines constantly beeping. Solana treaded towards the hospital bed and took a seat. "You didn't deserve this." She whispered, allowing the tears to fall.

"I'm sorry I didn't find you sooner." Solana sniffled, holding the little girl's fragile hand. "You're safe now."

"Did you guys find out her name yet?" Heaven whispered to the social worker.

"We're waiting for her fingerprints to come back. Hopefully we'll find some type of medical record or birth certificate in the system. Once we do, we can process her into our system." The social worker replied. "I never got your name."

"I'm Heaven, that's Solana. Will she be able to visit? I know it's against policy, but this is really taking a toll on my sister. She's really concerned about this little girl." Heaven asked. "Or could you at least keep us updated?"

"She can come visit, but nobody else. No cellphones, no pictures or videos. Nobody can know about this Ms. Heaven. I can loose my job over this." The social worker sighed. "I'm Ms. Georgia."

"Thank you so much Ms. Georgia." Heaven sighed in relief. They both watched Solana interact with the child and smiled. Even though the child was sleeping, they couldn't get over how gentle Solana was with her.

Solana wiped her face, and stood up. She tucked the covers under the little girl snuggly and made sure that her head was adjusted comfortably. "Tomorrow brings new promise so don't worry about today. I promise I won't let anything bad happen to you again."

~

no I didn't forget about y'all.  I just have so many plans for this book that I don't know which one I want to write about first lol. anywaysss hello!

One question...can y'all just vote? Lmfao like what's the point in being a ghost reader.

anyways so we have a interesting turn in events..So Solana stumbled across something...SOMEBODY, how y'all feeling right now?

how do y'all think the child ended up in that parking lot?

would y'all have done the same thing that Solana did? Would y'all have just left?

I'm curious...where could y'all see this chapter leading to?

what could y'all see happening in the future?

vote, comment, and share!!

follow me kids!

-JassyOut