Volume 1, Chapter 3

Začať od začiatku

She knew something would happen. She knew that Adrien was going to be left without her at some point, and it must have inspired to create the fund. The question was, what? What did she know was going to cause it?

Chat placed the files back in the drawers, careful to arrange them exactly as they had been previously, before silently clambering out through the window, and leaping across the Parisian rooftops. He needed to see his mother's medical files next. As he began to make his way towards the prestigious private hospital on the other side of the city, he released that the night sky had already begun to lighten, during a dark shade of blue.

It reminded him of Luka's hair. Ever since Adrien had spilled his guts, the blue haired boy had been very friendly in the corridors, smiling and occasionally stopping for a chat. He'd even once helped cover for Adrien when he'd needed to go transform during an akuma attack. It was nice, and knowing that someone else knew (even if just a bit), and had his back, took a little weight off his shoulders. Adrien had had to catch himself in the corridor in school once, to stop himself from staring. He'd not noticed before, but Luka had slowly been filling out in build. Not so much that it looked disproportionate – the boy was still slender and tall, but Adrien found his eyes drawn his arms – the perfect balance of muscularity and aesthetic. He'd even wondered, what it would feel like to have those arms around him.

Irregardless, Chat needed to get back to the mansion. Adrien needed to scavenge a few hours of sleep to be passable enough to go through his busy schedule tomorrow. God, Nathalie was going to kill him. He wouldn't be able to use the video game excuse again, otherwise she would tell Gabriel and the arcade machines would be removed from his room. Without them, Adrien doesn't know what he would do when he had guests his own age. His lack of teenage social skills made him resorted to using the plethora of games and expensive novelties to distract Nino and the others from the fact he struggled to actually maintain a meaningful conversation with them.

~

Adrien's phone buzzed, as he sat slumped half asleep in the car – the akuma alarm. Chat Noir had managed to sneak back into the mansion at about 4am, so Adrien had managed a solid 4 hours of sleep before Nathalie woke him up. He'd calculated he could get another hour or so of sleep in by napping in between activities in the limousine, but clearly Hawkmoth had other plans.

His bodyguard, who Adrien had taken the liberty of nicknaming the gorilla, stopped driving as he saw the looming threat of a supersized baby, the warning flashing on the car's screen, which Adrien assumed was blue toothed with Gorilla's phone. Gigantitan had been akumatised again. The car swerved over to the side, and Gorilla stepped out, quickly grabbing Adrien from the back seat, practically throwing him over his shoulder and running down an alleyway. The bodyguard was used to Adrien making getaways and disappearances during the akuma attacks – at this point it would be beyond obvious what was really going on, given the number of times Adrien just 'got lost' during akuma attacks. Then again, Gorilla wasn't exactly the brightest of souls, which Adrien supposed played to his advantage in the case of being Chat Noir. Still, probably wasn't the best trait for a bodyguard. He was actually quite kind, though. Both he and Natalie provided him with a semblance of humanity when he was at home. Far more than his father ever did. Still, as the adjacent building began to collapse, Adrien quickly wriggled free from the bodyguard's shoulder, and as the debris began to fall, he darted away. He shot a glance quickly over his shoulder, scanning around for anyone who might see him. It had become so second nature to check, that when Luka had seen, it had really surprised Adrien.

"Plagg, claws out." As the kwami was sucked into the ring, Adrien could hear a second of disgruntled murmuring – as was typical of Plagg. Still, as he had to admit he loved the feeling of the transformation, how the energy surged through his body and his hair went wild. Not to mention he loved the suit; it was odd texture, like a combination of leather and silicone, and it fit so tightly and snugly onto his body, flattering him on practically every angle. Adrien wondered what Luka thought of how he looked in the suit.