chapter 27

"No, hey. Stay with me, you hear me? You can't go now!" – Tom yelled and his voice started fading away and I didn't want to die. "Tom, I am scared. I don't want to die." – I started crying and with every breath I take I feel losing blood.

"You won't die. You hear me!" – He yelled. "You are not going to die!" – I saw tears in his eyes. In dark I only see him. Victoria came back. I didn't even notice that she went somewhere.

Doctors were coming behind her with stretchers. There was so much noise around me and I only heard Tom's voice. I missed him so much. Maybe it was mistake going back to him. But one thing is for sure.

We are cursed in love. It's like no one wants us to be together. Not even god. But deep down I feel like we do belong. Like we are missing puzzle peaces in our lives.

He was calling out my name and I didn't want to lose him. Not again.

Tom's POV

Her hand left mine and it felt like that night when we broke up. Just this time it felt like it's going to be forever loss.

They took her away and didn't let me in with her. I went to the car and followed them. Veronica was with me on passenger seat. She was silently sobbing. I watched ambulance car in front of e and prayed to god that she survives.

I can't take losing her forever. Me and her were supposed to be together forever. They can't take her away from me. I would lose my mind if she dies. I never stopped loving her and I never will.

4 days later

I was in full black suit. I was going to her funereal. I never felt so much pain in my life that day when they announced me that she is dead. Something in me died that day. And I am sure it will change me forever.

Her last were 'Tom, I am scared. I don't want to die.' – It kept repeating in my head. I constantly felt that feeling of emptiness. And it didn't let me sleep.

I sat while her mother gave a speech. Well, more crying than speaking but I knew her pain. Maybe even more than me. She knew Valentina her whole life.

Her mother walked away siting on her place. I got up not meaning to do this speech but here I am. Walking in front of everyone.

"Many of you don't know me but Valentina was the love of my life. And I can confirm you that we were in love. And I am sure that I deserved better goodbye." – I looked at Alexander. He was staring blankly at me. He wasn't dead. I did shot him but it didn't do too much damage.

"I loved her and I will always love her. I was ready to burn down the whole city to show her lights if she was ever scared of dark. I was ready to do anything for her." – I stopped feeling tears in my eyes.

"And so I am now." – I raised my head pulling out gun and shooting Alexander right in the head. Everyone started screaming and running out.

Finally that first tear fell down my face. I went over to her casket kissing it.

"Goodbye, my love." – I whispered walking away in now empty room. Only Alexander's dead body laid there. I couldn't stand looking at his face. So I made it unrecognized with few more bullets.

That was for her. Not for me and my anger. But for her peace.