chapter 7

I got in car. Tom picked me up for second time this week. It's isn't bad as I thought would be. My brother was sending me massages that day I left.

I said that I will be staying at my friend's house. As I sat, Tom was nervous and angry at same time.

"What's wrong?" – I asked as I put my bag in my place after what I put seatbelt on.

"He sent me letter. But I am not going to tell you anything now. Emily is here. I don't want to scare her."– He started driving. He didn't scare her but he did scare me.

On the way to the house, he stopped at their uncle and aunts house and left her there for the rest of the week.

He got in car and we got to the house. He didn't say anything for the whole ride and when we got in house he went to his bedroom closing door.

I was so confused by his actions. What is wrong with him? What is in that letter?

I left my stuff, changed my clothes and then I went to his room knocking on the door.

"Come in." – I heard him say and I walked in my room.

As I walked in he looked at me then back in front of himself. He looked worried for some reason.

"What's wrong?" – I asked as I sat beside him on the bed. He didn't look at me. He was silent and I hated when people don't want to tell me stuff I deserve to know. Like right now. "What is in that letter that made you so upset?" – I asked one more time hoping he would answer.

He got up and took paper from his drawer and handed it to me. I looked at Tom one more time before opening the letter and started reading it.

"I've seen you got my daughter in this. Wrong.

You shouldn't have done that. I warned you and I said what will happen if anyone finds out I am alive, especially my family.

She might think that she is protected or that she has someone to protect her but she is wrong. She was the reason why I faked my death in some part.

She always thought we love her but she was in her world. She imagined and dreamed about a family from a movie and that's her fault.

She was a whore to the boys, I heard a lot of bad things about her. And more than half of them came out to the light and they were proven right.

Funny how she stuck up to me and thought I was on her side when she got into fight with my wife. It was to comfort her and just stop her overreacting. She couldn't behave.

All I am saying is, watch your back. You have failed our deal. But I will continue giving you hints. The last thing you will think about will be who indeed killed your parents.

Even if you don't figure out who that person is, I'll tell you right before I kill you.

It's someone close to you. You know them for few months and the killer was never closer to you.

That killer would maybe at Gala on Saturday night on Christmas. You won't recognize him on first but if anyone act suspicious, it's on you to decide.

But watch out, they are not mafia people. Be careful who are you talking to and what are you telling to people.

Someone could be after you.

And tell my daughter to take care of herself. Either way, if you bring her with you she is going to die. Or if you leave her, I'll come at your house and do it myself." – I barely said last sentence and my voice broke.

Tom still didn't look at me. He couldn't look at me because of the things my dad wrote in letter. I left the letter and got up.

"Where are you going?" – He finally spoke up and I turned around feeling my eyes get wet. Am I about to cry? Yes.

"You can't even look at me." – I started crying. "Tom, my father hates me. My life was fake. I did thought that I had perfect family and after I found out my father is alive everything went down." – I almost yelled. I couldn't take it anymore.

Tom got up and walked over to me, he hugged me tightly as I cried on his chest.

"Shhh, it's going to be okay I promise. I don't believe a thing in that letter, trust me." – He comforted me.

Tom's POV

Something in me broke when she started crying and it's part of my fault. Her father was lying to her whole life. She thought she had a family but it was never real.

She started falling on floor breaking down and I followed. I trusted my instinct and thought the best I can give her now is hug and someone to trust and talk to.

I know myself how is it to be betrayed by the people you love.

I hugged her tightly while she was leaned back to me. We sat like that for half hour and I tried to comfort as much as I could and I hope it worked, well she said she feels better but I am not so sure about that.

-----------------------------------------------------