imagine nineteen: max mayfield

PART THREEEE
also im making this long and
hopefully making it the last part too
ig we'll see 🤭

that was until you saw a figure in the distance.

from your previous experience, you were afraid to approach it, but seeing as you were stuck here for some reason and no one was responding to you, it left you with no other options.

your shoes splattered against the wet floor indicating how slow you were walking. you weren't afraid before but now with the looming realization of whatever you had dealt with recently—who was a replica of eddie—you were scared to find out what else the darkness had in store for you.

your heart dropped to your stomach when you saw the familiar redhead, her knees held to her chest as she rocked back and fourth.

even if this was another illusion, or trick, you didn't care nor did you not hesitate to run after her.

"max!" you called for her, but she couldn't hear you, only making this a whole lot harder for you.

"y-you don't wanna hurt me," max sang to herself, stammering from her constant shaking. "but see how deep the bullet lies."

you dropped to your knees in front of her, biting your lip to keep your tears at bay, "max..."

"unaware, i'm tearing you asunder," she continued to sing, her eyes closed shut. "oh, t-there is thunder in our hearts."

"i'm going to get you out of here," you told her even if you knew she couldn't hear you, it made you feel better to hear yourself saying it. "i just need you to tell me where you are... where do i go?"

your voice was quiet, mumbling under your breath for no one to listen to. as those words left your mouth, max brought her head up and looked straight into your eyes which caused you to shudder.

for a second, you believed you may had gotten through to her but you were wrong.

"maxine, you can't hide from me." the shrilling voice of vecna appeared from around you, almost as if he was speaking into a microphone inside an empty arena.

max shook her head, squeezing her eyes shut even tighter as she rocked a lot more forcefully this time with her hands covering her ears, "is there so much hate for the ones we love?"

"y/n! wake up! y/n, please!" you began to hear in the distance in the opposite direction.

although you couldn't see far, as you stood back up on your feet and slowly began to approach the scene, the imagery began to get clearer. you could see yourself in the tub of water with dustin shaking you like a madman. this wasn't supposed to be happening? you weren't supposed to be able to see yourself in the void; were you?

this was all in eleven's territory. you had no idea what you were watching and how it was happening.

"dustin?" you questioned more so to yourself as you were unsure of the entirety of the situation but as you got closer, your voice and pace picked up. "dustin!"

he couldn't hear you though, neither of them could. it all felt like an out of body experience. you could see yourself with blood falling out both of your nostrils, looking pale in the face.