imagine sixteen: max mayfield (spoilers)

hi so this is a part two to my last imagine :D
HAPPY ENDING I PROMISE
also i made eddie survive bc hello?

you didn't let go of steve. despite having been emotionally attached to nancy, you didn't want to be around her. it may have been because she was the one who told you about max; no, it was because of that. you knew you couldn't live ignorant for the rest of your life about the truth but it wasn't something you wanted to hear at that moment.

after you all escaped the upside down, steve held onto you while he sat with you in the back. nancy was the one driving with robin by her side.

dustin sat on the floor by a semi conscious eddie that thankfully woken up before you guys left. while his breathing was shallow, it was enough to confirm if they hurried to the hospital, he could survive.

nancy pressed on the gas and wasn't worried about anything other than getting someone who she grew to become friends with to recovery as fast as possible.

the tears stopped running by the time nancy parked the trailer outside the entrance. while you saw them all helping eddie, latching one arm around robin's shoulder and the other around dustin, you heard nothing.

you clutched closer to steve, who had eventually got you up on your feet as you followed behind the three teens that ran inside with eddie's bloody body.

even if he was a 'convicted murderer', they were fast to take him in. the last you saw of eddie was him being pushed behind the doors on a stretcher. dustin pleaded to the nurses for him to follow but they all held him back which is where steve had let go of you to hold onto dustin, who began to cry out of frustration.

one of the nurses examined everyone since at how dirty and battled you all looked and when they saw dustin's limp coming from his ankle and your broken wrist, they brought you two back.

the process of getting casts wasn't too long because before you knew it, they were shoving you guys back out to the lobby where everyone waited. steve with his legs bouncing up and down, robin fiddling with her hands and nancy, who was leaned forward with her hands intertwined in front of her.

you took a seat next to nancy, who held your available hand to give you comfort.

it was like this for another hour until you finally grew impatient and went up to the front desk. steve tried to talk you down but you didn't listen.

"hi, i was wondering if there were any updates with a patient named eddie munson?" you gave her a smile, starting to feel anxious about him and his survival.

"and what's your relation to mr. munson?" she asked you while retrieving a file from beside her.

"i'm his... cousin. yeah, cousin." you lied with no care if she even knew you were lying, knowing you would beat out the information from her some way or another.

the lady gave you a stare, as if she knew, but obviously didn't care as she informed you, "he's in surgery right now. he's the second one this night."

"what? you're saying someone came in here in worse shape?" you scoffed, feeling as if she was invalidating his injury due to his affiliation.

"broken bones with a faint heartbeat."
the lady told you with a fake smile, as if she was proving you wrong.

you heard footsteps coming from behind you and didn't need to look to know it was steve. and as you were about to leave, you felt a realization struck you.