imagine ten: max mayfield

ok so i'm not doing preferences anymore bc that
genuinely made me uninspired
i love writing sad stuff so here's you getting
possessed by vecna instead of max 😏
also i didn't know what to write for your like
'traumatic event' since vecna targets people that hold
guilt over something so i created a fake character
also, get some tissues 🤭🤭🤭

the last thing you'd imagine happening was the possibility that whatever killed chrissy and fred was now nearing it's next destination; you. of course you assumed your headaches were from listening to too much music and nose bleeds from the weather changes. but as it was presented to you that they had experienced the same occurrences before they passed, there was no denying it anymore.

after you saw the clock at the school, it seemed now you were just killing time until vecna cursed you. and here you were, spending what you would believe to be your last day in mike wheeler's smelly basement.

steve, dustin, lucas and max were the four people with you as nancy and robin left to go follow a lead in order to find a way to help you. but you had a feeling they weren't going to make it back in time. you had to accept the fact that this might be the last time you would see everyone. you weren't scared, if anything, you were mad. you survived so much since when you found el with the party to the mall fight and yet a stupid monster was now wanting to claim your life.

you thought about what you should do. you couldn't bear to look at anyone so the one thing you could think was to write down what you were feeling. you knew the moment you stared in max's eyes, you would've lost it.

as you began to quickly scribble down your thoughts and feelings about every individual in this room as well as those that were gone, you finally felt distracted.

"what is she doing?" you heard steve whisper to what you assumed would be dustin seeing at how close they were.

you pictured dustin giving him an annoyed glare as he never answered. it made you smile for split second before you felt the nausea of fear building again.

it didn't take long for you to finish every letter. you always loved writing and seemed to have gotten so caught up in it, that you forgot where you were. luckily at the desk you had been spending your time at, there were old envelopes sticking out as if they had been forgotten so you packaged every letter up and let out a sigh.

you dropped the pen on the surface and sat up against the chair. it was then you felt everyone staring at you as if they thought keeping watch on you would avoid vecna from possessing you.

"i know you guys are staring at me." you spoke through the silence, assuming correctly when you began to hear shuffling behind you.

"what? sorry?" steve managed to let out in faux confusion as he looked up toward the ceiling to play catch with a ball he found laying around.

"you said you needed something?" lucas asked, pretending like he wasn't analyzing every single movement you were making before.

"just hanging out." steve finished for them, noticing how quiet max and dustin both were.

max didn't stop staring. she stared at you, knowing she could do nothing in order to help you fight this. while she wanted to scream and yell at vecna to take her instead of you, she couldn't. all she could do was make sure you wouldn't be alone when anything happened.