imagine seventeen: max mayfield

ok i got this idea off tumblr from an eddie imagine 😭
i forgot their user but IT WAS REALLY GOOD
anyways this is just roughly what inspired me
while i was reading it
also pls ignore me adding eddie in everything i
write with max bc i'm seriously (it's a problem)
obsessed with them both

it had only been a couple days since hawkins fell into shambles due to vecna's doing. while it all started with floating particles as the upside down bled through to your real world, the sky began to change into the familiar stormy dark blue with red lightning. if you hadn't known any better, you would've honestly believed that you were still trapped in the upside down.

despite everyone in town packing and leaving the town within the past few days; you stayed. you weren't going to leave max alone in the hospital. it didn't matter if even your family left because they knew better than to stay in this infected town.

max had no one, to say the least. her mother had disappeared which gave you the feeling that she may have been dead due to the earthquake.

as the gang got back together in order to create a plan to defeat vecna, you didn't. they needed your help and you refused, despite the amount of pleas not only did dustin do but eleven as well.

they only wanted your help because of your link with vecna due to the mindflayer. much like will, the mindflayer had attached itself to you instead when you were possessed for a brief moment, vecna explained to you that it had been him all along. it had been him who chose you and he wasn't going to let you go as easily as you believed he did.

while you had this aching feeling at the bottom of your stomach as of recent, you swallowed it down as soon as it came, hoping it was just nerves. but you were far from right.

you fell asleep that night in the chair beside max's bed, the sound of the machine lulling you to sleep. except, you weren't really dreaming, were you? dreams felt like a hallucination, almost like if you reached far enough, you might be able to grasp onto it but dreams never felt real.

your eyes snapped open all of sudden at a strange sound coming from the outside of max's room. when you looked at her bed, she was still there, lifelessly laying; so, you were positive it may have been the doctors and nurses that were working night shifts.

but the sound happened again, except this time, it was much louder. you could make it out to be somewhat close to a footstep but it still wasn't coherent.

this got you on your feet, ready to defend yourself and max from whatever lurked in the hallway. as much as you knew how stupid it was to let your curiosity get the best of you; you didn't care at this point. it may have been all of the stress clouding your thoughts from common sense that led to this decision.

your hand touched the cold, metallic door handle and began to twist it slowly. once it flew open, it wasn't the hospital hallway of which you knew like the back of your hand. no, it was victor creel's house.

turning around, hoping you can run back in for max's comfort, the entrance was now boarded up. your breath hitched as you knew what was happening.

vecna.

suddenly, like someone was playing a record in the distance, the voice that belonged to max mayfield the night vecna claimed her as his fourth victim echoed throughout the house. her sobs were the only sound heard as you kept still, covering your ears in hopes it would cancel out the noise.