imagine nine: max mayfield

i love angst so 🤭🤭🤭🤭
this is going to be on their way to finding eddie at skull rock bc idk :D
also can we talk about eddie bc i love him so much and i want to write about him so bad lol

you kicked the leaves crumbling beneath your feet as you walked behind steve and dustin towards skull rock, wherever that may be. eddie munson was waiting for everyone and you couldn't keep him waiting much longer after the night he had.

you tried your best not to turn around to look for max as you tried to give her some space. after her near death experience, you were afraid to rekindle your relationship. you didn't want to lose her and avoiding her made it easier for you. as much as it hurt.

"dude, i'm telling you, you're taking us the wrong way." steve began what you knew would turn into an argument with dustin, who was directing the group.

"it's north. i'm positive," dustin explained as he checked his compass. "i checked the map."

"you do realize, skull rock, it's like a super popular make - out spot?" steve questioned him, uncertain he would know as he was younger than him.

"yeah."

"gross." you muttered loud enough for them to hear, which only had them making room for you to join them at the front.

"well, it wasn't popular until i made it popular," steve continued to explain, making you look up at him with an impressed gaze. "all right. i practically invented it."

"and this information is important, because..." you trailed your words after you crossed your arms.

"because we're heading the wrong direction." steve answered for you, beginning to walk away from the group.

"steve!" dustin yelled in annoyance, trying his best not to roll his eyes. "where are you going?"

"stop whining! look at y/n, she believes in me," steve included you into the mix. "right, y/n."

"right," you said almost immediately to defend his claim even if you didn't know. dustin turned to look at you with disbelief which made you whisper, "what? he's cute when he thinks he's right."

"let's go. trust me." steve told you two, gesturing for you guys to follow with his arms.

"steve!" dustin stretched out his name while he yelled it, reluctantly running to catch up with him.

but you stayed where you were, waiting for everyone else to match the pace they walked. nancy and robin were the first to meet you, the dirty blonde girl leaving the wheeler in order to give you some company.

"hey, kiddo." robin said to you, ruffling your hair as you groaned out in annoyance.

"i told you not to call me that." you declared while fixing the pieces of hair that she misplaced.

"yeah, but where's the fun in that?" robin smiled, always enjoying being able to bother you.

you two had a sister relationship, for some reason. while you loved nancy, you and her didn't get along that well as you and robin did. you only met robin last summer and yet you two were like best friends. she even took the time to hang out with you at school.