40 | a soppy day for soppy twats

VALENTINES DAY

VALENTINES DAY. A day filled with cheesy couples and soppy comments, those little teddy bears and heart shaped chocolates that invaded the shelves of supermarkets across the world. A day that was destined to make single people feel like shit. Or for most, like for Mollie most years, just another day of the week.

With finding herself often surrounded by other people in relationships, Mollie had learnt to appreciate the decorations and forget the day. She loved the pink and red hearts everywhere, and loved that she could always pick up some cheap chocolates and pretty pink dresses in the sales. And it was always an easy excuse to order in a Chinese takeaway that could feed a family of four all to herself as she tried to forget that it was a day celebrating a love that she didn't have.

Smiling at the Valentines card that Freya got her, as she did every year, Mollie read the little message and placed it on the table in front of her. Hearing the buzz of her ringing phone, Mollie gave the little hedgehog with a heart on the front of the card a fond smile before spinning back round to find her phone and answer it.

Grabbing her phone from her bedside table, a smile instantly came to her face at Harry's contact picture smiling back at her and without another thought, Mollie answered her phone. Hearing the little noise connect her phone to his, she was met with Harry's face smiling at her through the screen.

His tired eyes, scruffy hair and the fact he was still snuggled up tight into his duvet told her that he was still in bed.

"Morning Mols," Harry's voice rang through the phone, bringing a hand up to ruffle through his hair.

"Morning." Mollie smiled, settling herself down on the sofa with her cup of tea to talk to him. Through a short pause, Mollie's eyes flickered over to the Valentine's Day card on her table and then back over to Harry with a soft smile, "Happy Valentine's Day, love."

Beaming back at her, Harry almost looked relieved to hear those words leave her mouth, "Happy Valentine's Day, my darling." he grinned, "up to much today then?"

"Not really." Mollie replied, "might stream for a bit and get some second channel videos but other than that nothings planned."

"Good." Harry exclaimed with the biggest smile on his face, "I was wondering if you wanted to go out for dinner with me this evening?"

"I'd love to." Mollie answered, feeling her heart beating in her chest.

"Thank fuck because I've already booked the table." He said through a laugh with a grin that Mollie had grown to love all too well.

Raising an eyebrow, Mollie was feeling playful, "oh really? What if I did already have plans with one of my other lads?"

With a shrug of his shoulders Harry didn't let the grin on his lips falter, "we both know you'd sack off any other lad for me, Mols."