13 | i think i'll survive

MOLLIE WOKE UP THE NEXT MORNING to her plastic Starbucks cup filled with cold water and some hangover pills on her bedside table alongside a note from Talia that was crumpled where Freezy had clearly snatched it away from her and defaced it with h...

MOLLIE WOKE UP THE NEXT MORNING to her plastic Starbucks cup filled with cold water and some hangover pills on her bedside table alongside a note from Talia that was crumpled where Freezy had clearly snatched it away from her and defaced it with his own little notes for her.

Chuckling as she rubbed her eyes and read Talia's attempt at a sweet good morning note, Mollie sat up and took the medicine before looking at the time on her phone, 11.34am. Pretty good after last night, she thought to herself, scrunching up her face at the memory of it as she dragged herself out of bed with her blanket wrapped firmly around herself and trundling into the living room to be faced with Harry, Cal, Lux and Talia having an intense game of Uno whilst they waited for her to emerge from her room.

Guessing that they wouldn't notice her arrival in the room due to how engrossed they all looked in the game, Mollie shuffled round into the kitchen area and began to boil the kettle for a cup of tea. Muffled 'morning Mollie's' echoes from the four of them, making Mollie chuckle to herself, "anyone want a cuppa?" She asked.

As she'd predicted, they all did, making Mollie reach for four mugs from the cupboard and lining them up ready to fill with tea. Next moving over to the fridge, she pulled the milk out of it and placed it down next to the cups, as she did so she could practically sense Harry's eyes on her and interjected before he spoke up, "yes, I'm putting the milk in first for you, Harry."

Harry flashed her an appreciative smile, "You're a star, Mol."

"I wouldn't endorse this behaviour if I was you." Cal argued, a hint of disgust in his words, "he's mad."

Dropping his cards down from his chest long enough for Lux to take a quick peek at them, Harry frowned as he came to defend himself and his tea, "I'll have you know Mollie said she liked my tea."

Sighing, Mollie offered him a slightly sympathetic smile as even Talia took her eyes off the game to raise an eyebrow in Mollie's direction, "it's not my choice of tea, I'll be completely honest, but it's tea. As long as it's tea I couldn't give a shit. I'm not fussy."

"I have never seen you turn down a cup of tea, Mol," Talia said though a light laugh, putting down her next card, "sorry Cal," she shrugged as he groaned, having to reluctantly pick up four cards in response.

Bringing the tea over once it was ready, Mollie perched besides Harry on the arm of her sofa, holding her favourite mug in both hands and smiling softly as he turned his cards out a little so she could see them and be included in the game as well. It didn't take long for Cal to triumphantly throw his final card onto the pile and stand up, throwing two fingers up at the group in victory. With the game played and tea drank, the three boys saw it as the right time to get up and leave so they could film a video for Lux's channel,  "what are you up to today then?" Harry asked Mollie as he followed her to the kitchen.