Lap Eleven - Decisions

11.

Daniel Ricciardo POV
▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱
02:21 PM CEP

A never-ending excitement met me as I entered the royal french hotel suit. I'd heard their conversation as soon as I opened the door, but it was rapidly ended when they heard me. Footsteps were approaching from both sides of the entry hall. I quickened my phase forward into the first living room. I had no idea of what I was doing — to hide or take a glass of one of the ridiculous expensive whiskeys from the alcohol tray at my right...

All I knew was that I didn't want to talk about that right now.

The time didn't stretch, didn't even get to decide what to do. Ethan, together with the three youngest almost slid further down the hall, desperately trying to stop on the black and white checkboard floor. "How did it go?" Ethan breathed heavily.

The alcoholic liquids on the tray looked extra delicious right now. "Dude, I was supposed to ask him!" Carter whined. I brought up one of the old-fashioned whiskey glasses the hotel had accessorized the lavish bottles with.

"Carter, really?" Henry confronted his friend.

"Mate..." Ethan pleaded, asking for the second time. I spotted Michael standing in the doorway with crossed arms and legs, probably just as curious as anyone else about the outcome.

I sat down the cutout whiskey glass on the tray with light clinking as it touched the others. "I donno, actually. We are supposed to talk about it later. She probably has a thousand questions to ask..."

A silence fell upon us. I slowly looked up spotting a variety of expressions on their faces. Michael's eyebrows were wide above his eyes. My lips curled as my eyes trailed to the other expressions. Henry cut the silence. "So she didn't say no, then? As is a rejection? Like, she actually—"

"She said she would think about it," I shrugged my shoulders, trying to hold back the excitement that was building up inside me.

"That's awesome!" Carter, Hudson, and Henry almost said in unison. They moved closer to give me a big hug which didn't really satisfy me at all, making a run for it around the sofas. Lucky, they didn't chase me like earlier.

"I'm really happy for you mate," Andrew eagerly handshook me, following up with a side hug.

Michael who was still standing where he had under the whole conversation, traced my every move with a grin on his lips. All of them cheerfully congratulated me with brofists and claps on my back. Eventually, I reached my pal at the entrance. His expression was nothing but proudness. He leaned in and gave me a big hug. "She told me you two talked," I whispered.

"I did. But I don't think it has anything to do with her decision," he told me. "It's all on you, mate." His whole face was in joy when he pulled back.

✱ ✱ ✱ ✱

After a good lunch with strict orders from Michael to be 'healthy' and green, we talked through the whole situation. The case now, was that Carter, Hudson, and Henry would all travel home to Perth tomorrow night, which had always been the plan. On the other side, Andrew and Ethan were supposed to stay some nights at my place in Monaco, but if Morgan was to join...

They were insisting on staying in a hotel room for a couple of nights to leave the two of us alone. They kept babbling about how the two of us should have some time just the two of us. If Morgan was to join me tomorrow... The rest of them totally agreed with them, which I could understand.