Lap Five - Rich On Everything

5.

Morgan Blom POV
▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱
08:17 PM CEP

Daniel ordered a five-meal course for the two of us. The waiters kept running back and forth between our table and the kitchen behind the swinging double doors which reminded me of the ones in ratatouille, with plates that served delicious food for their guests.

I felt so lucky. Not only to be at a such prestigious restaurant but with a man like Daniel... The scary part was that I felt comfortable, but also not. It didn't feel normal but not quite awkward too. Daniel was great at keeping the conversation going. We always had something to talk about. I didn't want to ask much about his job as a driver, I didn't want him to feel uncomfortable.

"What are your plans for the rest of the summer?" He took a small sip from his glass of white wine.

My head was leaning against my palm while smiling at his question, "Work, I guess."

"Work where?"

I chuckled, "I got a job at a small cafe here in Paris. Only for the summer while I'm here."

His white teeth were showing now, "I'm confused..."

"Yeah, I may have made it a bit confusing," looking up at him. "I, uhm," I started looking out at the view. "I moved to Paris for summer break with the three of my best friends."

"I see... How long are you staying then?"

"For two months, but I've already been here for a little over two weeks," I explained.

"That's great! I'll be staying in Paris for a few more days with the boys. We have a lot of time to spend together yet." He seemed really excited.

The thought of hanging with him felt great, but it still got me thinking... "Don't you wanna hang out with your friends while you can? I mean— you went on vacation with them, not me."

"I think they'll understand perfectly," he winked at me.

"If you say so."

Our conversation kept on about cool things to do and places to visit in Paris as Daniel kept hyping up a "second date" that he called it. I felt honored that he wanted to spend his precious time with me. But my thoughts kept wandering back to the one problem ahead, to probably not seeing him ever again after these few days. It kept nagging me over and over again. I didn't know if he thought the same or if he was so excited that he forgot.

I kept circling my finger around the top of my glass of nervousness, hoping he couldn't read my disappointed face in the dark. We finished our dessert, a lemon tars topped with glazed raspberries and grated chocolate. And when the receipt came, Daniel insisted that he would pay for everything, even though I complained and wanted to pay for myself. At one point it was too late, and he had already swiped the card smiling proudly at me.

"Next time I'll pay," I told him strictly with a small smirk.

"He raised his glass for the last sip but suddenly realized what ide just said, "Oh, so there will be a next time?" He playfully raised his eyebrows, always with a raised lip smirk.

A typical Daniel face.

At that time I myself also realized my words. Shit.

I was all speechless. My plan was destroyed; play cool and not act desperate. My mouth kept opening and closing, trying to send words out but they never came.

Daniel sat his glass down, his eyes looking staring into mine, "Morgan, you are overthinking. I wouldn't be with anyone else than myself too—"

"My god, Daniel stop that—" I started but he shushed me to keep my voice down. Luckily we were about to leave anyway.