Lap Two - Unknown Number

2.

Morgan Blom POV
▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱
09:18 AM CEP

I tossed and turned in my bed. The heat was warming my skin way much more than I wished, which led the duvet to only cover one of my legs. And to make the morning even less pleasant, the thin layer of curtains didn't hold back the bright sun. It shined through the windows, indicating that the sun had already stood up in Paris. My alarm had been ringing for almost twenty minutes already. So much for a good night of sleep.

Counting the days that had already passed, it had already been over three weeks since I arrived in France. It'd started off with the four of us — the three of my girlfriends and me in Paris. A neverending search for an Airbnb we could rent for a little over a month together. The memorable days made my lips curve.

Walking and taking the metro around in Paris, some sightseeing and shopping here and there... We had decided to take a long-lasting vacation in France at the end of the summer before we went off in our separate ways.

I, compared to the others had decided to stay in the city over the whole summer to save up some money by working. It had always been a dream of mine to work at a café, but the time had never fulfilled my wish. With my studies, I was lucky to get a job at a bookshop near my house. And I was even luckier when I got a job at a cafe nearby my currently rented flat. I figured if I was going to Paris anyway, I might as well make use of the time I was here. There were at least double, maybe triple as many cafes here, then back where I came from. And living at home with my family for the whole university period saved me a lot of money.

I reached for my phone and turned the loud ringing sound off. Hopefully for the last time. I sighed, stroking my hair back from my face in an attempt to see more of my surroundings. My flat was all up on the fifth floor, which also led to an amazing view. Or as amazing as it could get. The view showed millions of Parisian rooftops and buildings in all different sizes and colors. But I guess there was nothing more to expect from capital as big as this one. It was better than nothing, I thought to myself.

A headache was slowly building up inside of my head. The moments from yesterday kept nagging me. All from the awful and unlucky bet, to when this crazy man ran after me. I groaned loudly and fell back down on the bed. I reached for the fluffy, big duvet to cover my naked body. Today is a new day.

My phone vibrated beside me, which made me wonder who would contact me at this time on a Sunday morning.

[UNKNOWN NUMBER/ADD AS CONTACT]:
Good Morning.
Just checking in to see if you got home safely last night :)

You: this is Daniel right?

[UNKNOWN NUMBER/ADD AS CONTACT]:
✨the one and only✨

There was no chance this could be anyone else. Considering I didn't give out my phone number to anyone else last night, but him. Or did I? I had to smile because of his charming way of texting and flirting at the same time. I changed his contact name.

You: well it's a bit late for that now, don't you think?
I could've been kidnapped already for all you know ;)

Daniel: You obviously did not since you are texting me right now

You: how would you know that this is the real me and not the serial killer????

Daniel: You are right...
Tell me something only I would know