Lap One - I Know Who You Are

1.

Daniel Ricciardo POV
▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱▰▱
10:47 PM CEP

"Dude, what the heck just happened?" Hudson suddenly showed up from behind me. I was still really shocked by everything that had just happened.

"I'm the one who's supposed to ask that... Hey, what happened to you? You literally just disappeared." I pushed his shoulder playfully.

"Man, you literally just got mic-dropped. Hard," he laughed.

"You are ignoring my question."

"Whatever, it doesn't matter. What matters is me asking you; Who the heck was that girl?" I noticed the tipsiness in his voice. And where did he get that beer from?

"Well, I was gonna ask you that question too cuz' I have no idea." I looked around us, trying to spot the blondie again, but it was impossible. There were at least ten other blond-haired girls with long hair on the dance floor already. There was no way I would—

"Hey."

Both of us turned around to see the exact same girl that openly embarrassed me some minutes ago. She was drinking from her glass with a straw. The clear liquid with ice cubes seems suspicious in my opinion, compared to her state. She looked really confident and all sober if you asked me.

"You..." I started but didn't know what to say.

"Me, yes." She intentionally flirted with me, sipping and biting on her straw. It was obvious that she was scanning me, looking up and down my body before she glanced over at Hudson.

She must have said something to him or the other way, but Hudson took the hint, "Uhm... Imma' leave you two here and uhh—" He just pointed at the bar. "I'll go get myself a drink." He backed up into the crowd, still looking at us. He spun around and sped up in the direction of the bar.

We both looked after him as he slowly disappeared out of sight. I only looked back at the girl when I heard her laugh over the loud music. "I'm sorry, I'm not usually like this." She held her hand over her mouth to hide her embarrassment. "I should go."

"No, please. I don't mind. Or, I mean, I didn't." I moved closer to her so we could actually hear each others — she did the same. "Honestly, I was just shocked. And kind of embarrassed, I didn't imagine that to happen to me." I gave her a bright smile.

"What I meant, I don't—" she struggled with her words. "I'm not really that confident."

"Well, if you ask the other... Let's say five hundred other people in here," I pointed at the crowd of people around us. They were dancing and singing to the new songs that played from the speakers. "...They would say the complete opposite. But, of course. If you say so." I shooked my shoulders.

It was obvious that she didn't know what to say. She just opened her mouth but nothing came out except for a little chuckle. Her smile was beautiful — her whole face made the whole expression better. Her eyes and cheeks joined the happy motion on her face. She looked down in shyness. It was really hard to read her — she changed from shy to confident every other minute.

"You have a really nice voice though."  I tried to make eye contact when she looked up but she kept avoiding me. "Are you an artist?"

I could see her cheeks turn red, but she answered calmly, "No, definitely not."

"Why definitely?"

"I believe there are others out there with much more talent than me. I'm just lucky I got to sing a few solos in choir in middle school. Nothing special," she said as if it was obvious.