"If I found the other higher powers... they can't lose control, right?" Grian's eyes lit up. He had an idea. Notch seemed to notice, because an excited glint came into his eyes too.

"Nope, they're all clear! Though, I warn you... Herobrine's descendant won't help you. In fact... I really shouldn't tell you..." Notch seemed to be fighting a mental battle. "Just... I... Well, I can help you find the other two, actually. If I'm thinking what you're thinking."

"Would you help me?" Grian's eyes narrowed. Notch nodded feverently. "Then... I'm looking for Niaya, the nature prime's descendant and Zebdar, the necromancer's one. Correct?"

"Yes... but remember. Their powers are locked. If you find them you'll have to unlock their magic with my special spell. And once my spell is unlocked, Herobrine's descendants' power will also double."

"Why would that matter?" Grian glared. Notch was silent. Grian rolled his eyes.

"Fine. Deal. What do you want?" Grian asked.

"I want? Nothing. I've done enough evil for one century." Notch grimaced. Grian looked unconvinced. "You can already sense another council member's presence. You've felt it before, but you've grown accustomed to it. One of them is very near to you." Notch hinted.

"Pearl?" Grian gaped.

"No. No, definitely not!" Notch shook his head. "She's one of Zebdar's indirect descendants, though. In fact, most of the previous prime admins have small blood ties to the originals. But no, the one who will inherit Zebdar's powers is very far away. You know where, but you have to be clever. Shouldn't be hard for you." Notch flashed another quick grin.

"But-"

"Oh, time's up! You'll know what to do! If you ever rethink your decision to inherit my power, just say 'I accept the void'. It may or may not kill you with the magic overload, but hey! I survived! Also if you're killed while carrying my magic the entire Minecraftia as we know it will be destroyed! Farewell, Xelqua! And good luck!" Notch waved.

Grian felt a tug on his conscious, and suddenly he was pulled back into reality.

"Hey - WoaaaaaAA!" Grian gasped as Mumbo yanked him into a tight hug. "Um... thanks Mumby." Grian mumbled as he stepped out of the crimson Hermitcraft portal.

A crowd was awaiting his arrival. Mumbo brought up the front, False, Gem, and Xisuma brought up the rear, and all the other hermits were sandwiched in the middle.

Grian just stood there awkwardly while Mumbo hugged him. He could see all the hermits just staring over Mumbo's shoulder. "Okay! Great to see you guys!" Grian broke free of Mumbo's hug and waved.

"Hey Grian!" Bdubs smiled,

"Welcome back!" Cleo grinned,

"I heard you were kidnapped." And then there was False. And silence.

"Oh yea!" Grian launched into an epic tale, careful to go along the lines of Pearl's story. When he was done all of the hermits gawked except Xisuma and Mumbo, who had been there.

"Gee, I'm sorry I couldn't help." False hung her head. "I was supposed to be there, but I was dealing with some - ahem - family issues. I didn't bring my communicator." False was an incredibly talented level nine admin, and regrettably the only one who hadn't been able to make it.

"It's fine." Grian shrugged, "I'm okay. We're all okay." Grian gestured to Mumbo and Xisuma, "And anyhow I'm a level eight now!" Grian grinned, selling Xisuma's theory easily.

"When did you take the test!?" Xisuma placed his hands on his hips.

"Actually it was right before the surprise mystery prime meeting." Grian explained, "I wanted to surprise you. I kind of let on that it was a builders association thing so Mumbo wouldn't spill it to you. No offense, Mumby, but you're terrible at keeping secrets." Grian laughed.

"You lied?" Mumbo looked offended. Grian and the other hermits just chuckled.

"We're on the same level now, anyway!" Grian turned to Gem.

"Not for long!" Gem smirked, "I'm scheduled to take my level nine test in a week! And you bet I'll pass." Gem was completely sure of herself. The others turned to Xisuma questioningly.

"Yep, she's going to pass. It's too bad the prime positions are already taken up, because Gem is the most talented fast-learner I've ever seen." Xisuma affirmed. Gem beamed.

"You sure you're gonna' pass?" Grian leaned over to whisper in Gem's ear, "You'll have to duel the primes." As Grian stepped closer to Gem a sudden cool breeze passed over him. As if Gem's confidence had become tangible. As soon as Grian stepped back it was gone.

"I'm not just going to win! I'm going to see the face under the mystery prime's hood." Gem's lips twisted into a confident smile, and Grian noted to put double the magic on his hood spell when he had to fight Gem. "You know, something about him..." Gem faded off, looking up at Grian strangely.

But in a flash her expression was gone, and Grian was worried she had noticed something about him that would link him back to Prime 2. Were his wings out? Was his shifting undone? Was his ring showing? Grian frowned. Nothing seemed out of place... but the suspicion had been there, clear as day. Why?

Suddenly Grian had an idea. A crazy, probably terrible idea that might just really help on his newfound quest. "Hey, um, Gem, False, and Xisuma? Can I have quick word?" Grian's question came tumbling out before he could think anything through.

"Uh... sure?" False spoke for the three of them. Mumbo looked on curiously, but Grian flashed him a look that Mumbo interpreted as 'I'll tell you later, stay here.'

When Grian had led all three of them behind a house, he decided to divulge a version of his quest to them. "Hey, something happened when the watchers kidnapped me. I kind of heard something I wasn't supposed to. And since you guys are the most powerful admins I know... you guys see where I'm going with this, huh?" Grian spoke in a hushed voice.

"...Aha..." Xisuma whispered.

"Well, I kind of heard that there are two people who have the power to stop the watchers. And they're looking for them. Now, I don't want to go to the primes, because they kind of hate me and won't take me seriously..." Grian trailed off.

"Yes, at least Pearl probably does, like any sane person in authority with you around." Xisuma rolled his eyes.

"Anyway, I want to try to find these people. Like, on my own. And I want you three to help me." Grian offered. They looked thoroughly unconvinced.

"And if we don't come with you you'll most likely go anyway and probably die along the way." Gem supplied, eyebrows raised. Grian nodded vigorously. "Mhm." Gem turned to False and Xisuma. "I say we go with him. We can't just let him die." Gem sighed,

"I - I mean I wouldn't be completely opposed to never having to worry about what trap's waiting for me every time I fly back to my base... but you are right, we probably shouldn't let him die," False grumbled.

"And I'm going." Xisuma spoke up, giving Grian a still half-suspicious glare.

"Yes!" Grian whooped, smashing his fist through the air and accidentally punching a tree. "Ow," Grian yelped, and began to rub his fist soothingly.

"Yea, he definitely needs us." Gem snickered.