"Yes. Okay." Xisuma spoke, still in a daze. When Pearl had left, Xisuma heard a rustling in the bushes behind him.

"The watchers took Grian!?" Mumbo leaped out of Xisuma's hedges.

"Mumbo..." Xisuma's tone was laced with warning.

"You have to let us help get him back!" Mumbo cried. "He needs me! I'm his best friend! I could be... emotional support!" Mumbo suggested.

"Mumbo." Xisuma's voice was firm, "You need to be a high-level admin to handle watchers - oh." Xisuma watched Mumbo pull out a bulky remote control.

"I have the full might of boatem industries on my side. I'm the CEO now, Grian elected me." Mumbo spoke proudly, "As CEO, I can distribute robots accordingly."

"I... ugh, fine." Xisuma didn't have the heart to force Mumbo to stay.

"Yes!" Mumbo cried, "Let's go!"

"You brought who now!?" Pearl whispered to Xisuma urgently.

"Mumbo Jumbo. Grian's best friend. He needs him. You don't Grian like us, he relies on Mumbo's phycological support 24/7." Xisuma nodded. Pearl held back a snort.

"Mhm. Whatever Mumbo's emotional support. 24/7." Pearl muttered. She was sure to use that as leverage someday that Grian tried to slack off meeting rehearsals.

"We have to go!" Techno called. He and the six other level nine admins were waiting by a purple portal impatiently.

"He's just a snotty level six, why all the fuss." Halow Badd, another tier nine admin grumbled. Pearl pressed her lips together and said nothing.

"Yes, let's."

. . .

Grian woke up from his long nap feeling even more exhausted. It had to be getting into the early evening now. Pearl would be going crazy. Grian pictured her with a small smile. And so would the hermits. Grian remembered the state he had left Xisuma's in. How was he going to explain this one?

Suddenly Grian heard a voice he hadn't thought he would hear anytime soon, let alone the watcher headquarters. "Grian!? Are you okay?" Mumbo Jumbo's voice sounded distorted. Grian eyed the guards and frowned. Where was Mumbo?

"Grian, I'm down here. I'm the little robot." Grian noticed with a start a tiny, thumb sized robot. It must belong to Mumbo. Grian picked up the little bot carefully.

"Hey, Mumbo. Neat robot." Grian whispered.

"Thanks." Mumbo's voice blared through the robot.

"What are you doing here!?" Grian asked urgently.

"I'm here with a bunch of super powerful admins and the prime admin. The prime admin, can you believe it dude!" Mumbo sounded so happy. Grian smirked. If only Mumbo knew.

"Yes, I am here. The prime admin herself. Rescuing a lowly level six. And I brought Mr. Mumbo along for your 24/7 emotional support." Pearl's voice came from the bot next. Grian facepalmed.

"Umm... mhm." Grian couldn't say anything else, because he was sure the other admins were all listening on the other end.

"Where are you?" Pearl asked.

"I'm in a heavily guarded dungeon cell. Just tell Mumbo to lead you here using his bot's signal. And Pear- I mean, prime admin... be careful." Grian hesitated.

. . .

"So much for being careful." Grian muttered under his breath as the rescue party was dumped in magic-muting chains at Grian's feet.