6 : The Harbinger of doom

The Equinox Games had ended in a dramatic way but they have been the catalyst for the manifestation of the two sisters' budding powers.

Diana and Kataïlyda had the gift of communicating by thought; they were faster than any of the amazons. Diana's power was unmatched, she was invulnerable and fought like a tigress; Katailyda could be injured but healed almost instantly and could manipulate water and air.

Regularly Antiope made them train together on the beach; ensuring that they combine different combat techniques and their powers. This gave rise to impressive demonstrations beyond human understanding; the Amazons were more than just humans; Diana and Kataïlyda were more than just Amazons.

**

Diana was hurtling towards me with phenomenal speed, even with the distance that separated us on the beach; I knew I couldn't move fast enough to dodge her attack. I waved my hand and sent a gust of wind towards her to slow her down; It was a waste of time, she dodged it as if by magic; she disappeared then reappeared in an explosion of lightning at the opposite of where I had planned my attack.

She tilted her head and smirked at me as she resumed her run. This time, having no other choice; I reached my hand towards the water and when Diana was less than fifty meters away, I enveloped her in a whirlwind of water. The water prison held her for a moment; through the spinning mass I saw her trying to cross the liquid wall without success.

"Give up! I won!" I told her in thought.

"Never ! do you think a little water is going to stop me, little sister? You are going to get a good spanking. Be ready!" Even in thought, she had the teasing tone that I knew so well from her.

I doubled the speed of the liquid vortex. "And you think I'm going to let you out of  there! Seriously ? Give up!"

Suddenly a flash shoots out of the whirlwind towards the sky. The next second, before I even had time to react, I felt the cold blade of Diana's sword against my stroke. She tilted her head, smiling : "I won again... and you owe me a laundry and shampoo, my hair and clothes are soaked and full of sand!"

I turned to the maelstrom letting it sag on the beach. "How did you do it? "

She put her hand on my shoulder : " I admit that I had a hard time, your wall of water is practically impassable; but when you sped it up I realized I was being sucked into the air. I thought back to what my mother explained to us : when you are backed up against the wall in the middle of a battle..."

I was finishing the sentence for her "... if you can't run away... then use it! "

"So I used the strength that sucked me in; I gained enough momentum; and I was able to free myself !"

I bowed my head in disappointment "I was pretty sure I was going to defeat you this time"

-Maybe stop me! but overcome me, not yet !

We were still talking about how we could test the resistance of my liquid barrier; when we heard an explosion in the sky. A burning object like an iron bird appeared from below the clouds and fell into the sea a few hundred meters from us.

I was frozen; but Diana impetuous as usual, dove into the water and headed for where the object had sunk. The memories of my arrival on the island paralyzed me,  I was unable to help my sister. Fortunately; she came out of the water a few minutes later; while carrying a body that she laid on the sand.

I looked at the unconscious creature that  at our feet.

-It's a man ?

-Yes Katai...