1- The arrival

Never in the memory of the Amazons; such a storm had hit the paradise island of Themyscira.

The storm had been thundering for several hours, impressive lightning streaked the starless sky; the raging sea seemed to want to engulf the rocks below the royal palace.

Diana entered the bedroom of her mother, Queen Hippolyta, as she watched the unleashing of natural forces through the window.

-Mother...

- Yes Diana?

-I feel like this storm is unnatural, it looks like something is going to happen!

-I felt it too, but I don't know what it is, I ordered Antiope to put the legion on alert, we must be ready to intervene.

-Can I join Antiope too?

Diana asked the question but she knew full well that if the danger was real ; her mother would rather ask her to stay under cover. So she wasn't surprised to hear her answer.

- No, my daughter, for the moment your aunt and the legions are sufficient, the royal guard is also on alert. You should rather go back to your room and try to sleep.

-But Mother...

- No ! I'm asking you to go back to your room Diana, it's an order from your mother... and your queen!

The princess glared at her mother "At your command, your highness!" and strode towards the exit.

At her step, Aria the guard who was on duty at the entrance to the royal apartments knew that the young princess was upset. She wanted to say a few words to comfort her.

-Princess, I guess your mother asked you to stay in your quarters. Don't worry there will come a day when you will fight alongside us!

The brunette didn't even bother to raise her head to answer. "That would be surprising; she always keeps me safe as if I were a fragile little object while I am as brave in battle as the warriors of the Legion! »

-Perhaps she is simply trying to spare you from having to fight wars; because killing and seeing others die is not something easy to live with. And you are still very young...

Diana sighed "Yeah I know, everyone keeps pointing that out to me. Thank you Aria, good night! »

-Good night Princess !

The young woman entered her room and headed for the balcony; her mother wanted to keep her out of the fighting. Ok, but if she wasn't participating, she wanted to at least see them with her own eyes and not hear stories told after the battle.

The princess was about to step over her balcony to jump into the outdoor passageway when lightning struck the water with a deafening noise.

The storm suddenly stopped and the raging sea calmed down. Where the lightning had struck the water, a greenish glow seemed to rise from the depths and head towards the shore.

Too curious to stand there waiting for an answer to this mystery, Diana jumped off the balcony; landed safely on the soaked ground and rushed to the path that led to the beach.

She arrived at the place where the greenish glow had appeared. She slowed down, and realized that in her rush she had taken no weapon. What if this thing was dangerous?

But patience was not one of her first qualities. She moved on nonetheless, determined to find out what had fallen into the water with the lightning.

In the darkness, she discerned a form floating on the surface, a human form. The brunette stepped into the water up to her waist, put her arms under the unconscious person's body, pulled her out of the water and carried her effortlessly onto the beach.