Chapter 15: Forever & Always

Cora frowned at Donnie's computer as the purple turtle focused on driving the blimp.

"Guys, check it out!" Raph called, looking through the spy glass. "The Mutanimals' ground attack is the perfect distraction. While the Kraang are focusing on them, we'll stop the missile!"

"See, Leo, maybe we're meant to work together." Mikey said, elbowing their leader in blue.

Leo huffed.

Donnie piloted the blimp right above the missile and each turtle threw down a rope.

"Okay, we do this fast and effectively. Donnie, Cora, you will disarm the missile. We will cover you." Leo instructed, grabbing his girlfriend.

Leo jumped onto his rope and slid out to the missile with Cora holding onto him for dear life. Once they landed, Raph tied the rope around Donnie and himself.

Donnie grabbed Cora and jumped over the side. She cut a hole in the glass and climbed inside to access the controls.

"According to Kurtzman's data, the missile systems use a form of binary code." Donnie said, looking at it.

Cora nodded. "Of course. All Kraang data does. Just instead of ones and zeroes, it uses purple and pink spots."

She started tapped on it and Donnie nodded in understanding. "Got it."

He reached over and began to help out.

There was a blasting noise and Cora paused, glancing at Donnie. "Please tell me the missile didn't just launch."

He laughed nervously. "We should hurry up and disable this."

Cora quickly went back to work.

Above them, flying Kraang were attacking the other turtles and Raph was thrown off the missile. He yelled, falling all the way down until the rope around him pulled tight and Donnie was yanked toward the hole.

"Ank!" Donnie yelped, trying to hold on.

Cora grabbed his arms and tried to pull him further inside.

"No, no! Just do the missile!" He urged.

"Okay." Cora turned around and started typing even faster. "I've almost got it."

"There!" She announced, leaning back. "I set the course for the heart of the sun."

Leo and Mikey went flying past them toward the ground.

"Jump!" Leo yelled as he punged downward.

Donnie untied himself and grabbed Cora. "Let's go!"

She screamed as Donnie jumped out of the missile and they both started plummeting toward the Earth. Donnie reached for his midsection and Cora hugged him tightly with both hands and legs, her grip tightening when his glider popped out and their fall suddenly decelerated.

Cora didn't even let go of the turtle when they all slacked into the top of the turtle blimp and Donnie caught the railing.

"Wow. Too close." Mikey told them. "I saw my entire life flash before my eyes."

"What did you see?" Raph asked.

"Pizza." Mikey admitted. "Mostly pizza. It was awesome!"

Donnie climbed over the rail back onto the blimp and Cora was still holding on to him. Leo walked over and poked her.

"You gonna let go now?" He asked. "We're not falling anymore."

Cora glared. "No."

"Well I have to pilot the blimp, so could you-"