Chapter 3: Peace Said No

Cora found herself waking up early the next morning, so she went to the chicken coop and collected the eggs for Mikey. They should have a special breakfast. It was Leo's first day back.

As she walked in, she saw Raph and Leo standing up, heading for the door.

"Goodmorning, Cora." Raph greeted, out of characteristically cheerful.

"Morning." She replied slowly, holding the door open as the two turtles passed through.

Well there went her plan to make everyone a special breakfast.

Cora decided she'd make it for the others anyway, seeing as how she already had salmonella on her hands. She settled on french toast.

Cora was slightly annoyed that she couldn't go with the usual side of sausage since she was too embarrassed to ask if the turtles didn't want to eat other animal meat.... because they were kind of animals too.

Once she had finished setting everything out, she put a fan up so that the smell would waft up to the others. Then before anyone could arrive, she went up to the roof and got back to work.

This time she occupied herself with learning the Kraang language so that she could hack into the Kraang's technology better. Cora figured that if she managed to do that, she could shut down the mind control devices the Kraang were using on the media to make the world think New York was simply quarantined.

Cora's attention diverted at the sounds of footsteps and a wooden crutch hitting the dirt near the house. She crawled to the edge of the roof and spotted Leo and Raph, the former of which who looked like he was going to puke.

She immediately noticed that Donnie's medicine was missing from his belt and that Raph looked immensely worried. Without another thought, Cora slid herself off the side of the roof and landed in front of them.

"Gah!" Raph yelled, throwing a sai at her.

Cora yelped and ducked, barely avoiding getting stabbed in the face. When she came back up, she shot Raph a death glare.

"I'll go get Donnie." She stated, holding the door open for them.

As the two turtles walked in, the others were in the middle of breakfast. Raph sat Leo down and Cora ran to the kitchen.

"Cora, you're here for breakfast for once!" Casey joked.

"Actually, Leo's feeling sick." She told them, looking at Donnie.

"I'm coming." Donnie replied, standing up.

The others were certainly worried as well, so they followed him to the livingroom, where Raph was pampering their eldest.

"You okay, Leo?" Donnie questioned.

"I'm good now. I think it was that medicine you gave me." Leo told him.

"Aw, I'm sorry, Leo. I thought it was ready." Donnie sighed.

"It's fine. I think I'm just going to sit down for a while." Leo said.

Acknowledging that Leo was now fine, Cora turned around from her place in the doorway to return to her work, but Leo stopped her.

"Hey, Cora?"

She turned, slightly confused. "Yes, Leo?"

They had everyone's attention at this point and Leo frowned, clearly not wanting their attention.

"Uh, don't you guys have training to do?" He asked pointedly.

"N-" Raph began.

"Yes!" Raph glared at Mikey, obviously annoyed that the orange turtle had interrupted him so enthusiastically.