Chapter 10: Strange Sights

"Uh oh." Donnie muttered before walking forward and pulling her away. "April, where do you think you are?"

"Donnie, I'm not April!" Cora snapped.

"I see clouds. I think I'm flying." April said.

Donnie frowned, "You're seeing things. I'm taking this off." He pulled the device off of April and then glanced between the two girls. "Did that help?"

"I'm still in the air... soaring." April told him.

"I'm just totally confused." Cora muttered.

"Now I'm heading down." April suddenly gasped and grabbed Donnie's arm. "Outside! I see Casey and Raph! They're being attacked!"

Donnie turned around and ran out. Cora followed after him, but jumped to the side when she got near the door and ran into it. April tripped over her and they both landed in the grass with Cora underneath.

"Donnie's device. I think it must have linked me to whatever is attacking the guys and since you were somewhat connected, it linked you to me!" April said.

"That explains so much." Cora muttered as they both stood up. "Wait, is that me?"

Cora stumbled around until she grabbed April's shoulders and the two girls ran forward, Cora leading April as they both ran to the guys.

Leo was thrown into them and knocked them apart. April and Cora huffed, scrambling to their feet.

"Careful, Cora, you need to find cover." Leo told her. "You aren't trained enough."

"What? Is that me I'm looking at?" April asked.

"No, that's a weird bird-fish-worm thing!" Cora exclaimed.

"Ack!" She exclaimed scrambling backward as it advanced.

Leo grabbed both of them and ran back, pulling them away from the creature and toward the house.

"What's going on with you two?"

"This is my fault, I summoned it here." April said.

Cora scoffed, "If it's anyone's fault, blame Donnie."

The creature invaded April's- or rather Cora's line of sight again and shrieked. Leo grabbed them and pulled them to the ground as the beast snapped at them.

Raph ran over and tried to attack it, but the beast grabbed him with it's worm legs, along with Mikey and Donnie when they came to help.

"Goongalaaaaaahhh wooaaah!" Casey yelled, jumping off of the roof onto the beast, but his charge was absolutely worthless when the monster caught him as well.

Then it flew off.

Leo jumped up and looked after it. "No!"

Cora and April stood up and Cora grabbed April's shoulders again so she could see where she was going.

"It's taking them up, above the clouds. Come on, we have to follow it!" April said, running forward.