𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆

ೃ⁀➷

My eyes started to flutter open. I felt a breeze of cool air brush against my face. I grunted as I lifted my cheek off of the floor. I felt the dirt falling from my face. I had fully opened my heavy eyes and blinked at my surroundings.

I was on the floor in a curled up ball. Light has started to shine through the boarded windows. Birds were chirping outside. I started to pick myself off the floor when I suddenly realized an arm was curled over me.

I jerked my head back and it smacked into a chin. I heard Eddie grunt and shift himself. I gasped and held my breath. Me and Eddie freaking Munson were curled up together. Practically cuddling with each-other in this weird old shack...

I carefully slithered out of his arms and left it awkwardly dangling in the air. I stood up and observed the brunette sleeping. His mouth slightly dangled open and a small trail of drool dropped down his chin.

His hair was frizzled and his bangs stuck out in all directions. His legs were stretched out and his right shoe was slipping off of his foot.

I sighed at the funny sight. A wave of humidity smothered my face. I trailed my way back to the front door. Jamming it open, I stepped outside.

It was lighter outside. I could see the woods clearly. It doesn't look as creepy as it did last night. I started to walk outside. Passing Eddie's Van I slowly trailed throughout the path.

It was suspiciously quiet. It was like all the birds had flew away and every last critter had left the area. I listened to the crunch of the leaves under my feet.

The trees hardly swayed in the wind, and the grass was still as if it was frozen. I took deep breaths as I walked farther down the path.

I turned my head and my gaze flickered at each tree.
It was so quiet. It was so still.

I shivered as the temperature seemed to drop.

So quiet. So still.

Maybe I should head back. The atmosphere seems off...

So quiet. So. Very. Still.

I wanted to turn around and head back but my feet stuck to the ground. I stood there standing. Staring. For some reason my eyes landed on a single tree. Captivated by its odd appearance.

My face felt frozen solid. My body was planted. My mind seemed to float away.

Too quiet. Too still..

"Hey!" A sudden voice erupted behind me. A hand placed on my shoulder.

I gasped and jolted in fear. I turned to see Eddie with a baffled expression.

My eyes expanded as I looked up at him. I remained in a defensive position.

"Didn't think I was that scary." Eddie tilted his head as if he was trying to figure me out. "Are you feeling okay?" I kept quiet for a second but finally my fear sunk away.

"I'm fine." I avoided eye contact with him. It is fine. I am fine.

"Y/n. You don't seem fine. Its pretty strange to see you just standing there, not moving. Especially after everything that has happened." He sincerely looked worried.

I waved him away. I needed to reassure him."Its not that. I've just started to blank out thinking about Chrissy, but everything's okay." Eddie bit his lip and looked me up and down.

"I'm fine."

"Sure Cupid. Just let me know if anything strange happens.." His arms crossed and his hands traveled up and down his arms.