𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐌𝐄𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐌𝐄

ೃ⁀➷

That moment ended quickly. I'm glad that it did. I had no idea what had taken over. But this was not the y/n Henderson I have known and grown up with all my life.

Eddie was inspecting me, just as I inspected him. He made assumptions and so did I. But I wasn't going to hear it. Not today.

He opened his mouth once more to pour out his opinions and thoughts. His fingers tapped along the table and his necklace dangled over it. I watched it swing back and forth as he leaned. Eddie loved to get close. I don't know how I feel about that.

The other Hellfire Club Boys gaped with awe. I had not dared to look at any one of them. It's like they were waiting. For a move, something! Anything!

"You know y/n, I think that me and yo-" His stupid grin crept onto his face once more. "Well." I shot up and nearly tumbled from the jolt. Eddie's eyes remained in the place I had been before and slowly. Like a predator hunting prey, his eyes travelled up me and locked into mine.

"It has truly been great. Um. It was a pleasure to meet you" I tried to play it off and took an interest in the magazine scattered across the table.

Eddie practically bounced out of his seat. "Well of course! It was all my pleasure" He smiled so hard the corners of his eyes crinkled. "It's not an everyday thing to interact with the one and only.." He waved his hand around in random drawn out loops and his lip curled. "Should I say, pom pom prom queen"

"If you say that one more time." My voice raised and I could feel myself burning up. I could feel the tension around me. The stares I was probably receiving.

I had to see what this had done to Eddie. Any reaction? No. He reached his hand out for me to shake. A handshake. "You're alright Henderson." the hand remained. Waiting for mine to intertwine. In a professional way.

I reached out and our hands grasped

They were soft. Weirdly soft. He strongly gripped on and aggressively shook. I watched him demolish my ability to rip away. His signature smile was as wide as ever.

"Thank you Eddie." I broke free at last and stroked my once strangled hand.

I didn't want to waste another second standing there and looking like an idiot. So without a word, I patted Dustin's head as a goodbye and turned on my heel.

I made my way back to the table, which was engulfed with jocks and cheerleaders. As I gravitated away from that mess of a table, I heard Eddie calling after me.

"Don't miss me too much" A hint of snarky attitude lingered in his voice.

The nerve that this man has. I muttered a "whatever" to myself and pushed myself through the crowd of athletes. Scooting next to Chrissy, I found myself not uttering a word.

Keeping quiet about this would be best. Like it never happened. I would never associate myself with that weirdo. The rest of lunch was just blank.

ೃ⁀➷

For the first time, I didn't mind waiting in the car for my slow brother to arrive. It gave me time to think. I watched all the students walking by, whether they went from the smallest band freshmen to the basketball athletic juniors.

My attention drifted to the side view mirror, Dustin was still at the front of the school, dialing on the phone with a distressed look on his face. He angrily slammed the phone and rubbed his temples.

What the hell was he doing? I got out the car and waved my arms all around. "Dustin! Get over here. It's time to leave?"

I finally caught his attention and he started to make his way towards me and for some reason, everyone was keeping quiet today because he just sat down and just gazed out the window.