𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐎𝐅 𝐔𝐒

(𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚜 𝚊 𝚋𝚒𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛! 𝚂𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢)

ೃ⁀➷

      Just when Eddie began to weave his way around me. The door behind us flew open. Immediately, I shifted to see what the commotion was.

Jason.

Eddie was a step in front of me. I looked down and saw him step back closer to me. His hand inching towards me.

"Y/n?" Jason almost stuttered with surprise. "What are you doing here?" My mouth opened but no sound came out. I didn't think that he would burst in like this.

"I didn't see you at the game, Chrissy pulled me aside to ask where you were so I just.." His voice trailed off when he caught eye of Eddie.

"Oh." His demeanor changed completely. Though the room was well lit, his face had darkened.

"Y/n. Do you know what just happened?" Jason asked, surprisingly calm.

I shook my head slowly, trying to go along with his way of reacting. Hopefully to ease him into not lashing out.

Jason rubbed the back of his neck and chuckled. "That was our championship game you see. Our last opportunity of victory, a moment in history."

What is he even talking about? I thought to myself

"Chrissy was telling me all about your cheerleading routine, about how happy she was to be doing it with you. All the girls were cheering out there. Playing their part. Doing their job."

His lips tightened. "But you. Oh no no no. Y/n is way too good for the shit that actually matters. That's why you bailed. You bailed on Chrissy. The basketball team. The cheer team. And for what huh? This Freak?

I about wanted to smash my head into the table. Sometimes it's better for men to not make everything an inspirational speech.

"You humiliated everyone. Yourself including."

I heard a faint scoff come from Eddie. He hadn't moved a muscle for a while. He was taking everything in.

"So let me ask you Y/n. What are you doing here?" His voice was dripping in impatience and irritation. I didn't answer his question, I kept my lips shut and just stared at him.

"Let me repeat myself. What the hell are you doing here?" He shouted stomping forward. This time Eddie sprang to my defense.

"Hey man, let's not do this right now. No need to raise the voice. Just go back to your team, go lift some weights or something and chill out" I nodded in agreement, keeping my focus on Jason. Scared he would spring. I was not in the mood for a fight.

Jason just glared. I noticed how sweaty he was. Underneath his jacket was his uniform. The basketball game must have ended around the same time as Hellfire.

When Jason didn't respond, Eddie decided to poke.

"Look man, I think you shou-"

"God! Just shut up" Jason quickly shut him down. Eddie didn't argue, he held his hands up. I couldn't see the look on his face but i'm sure it was interesting.

"Y/n, you've really stooped low. It's really pathetic." He laughed, I hoped his ill intentions wouldn't mess with Eddie's head. I thought it was best to keep quiet. I remained motionless behind Eddie.

"You really skipped the basketball game for this huh?" He showcased the room by flattening his hands out.

"For this fucking freak huh!" He aggressively smacked his hands together.