* 29 *

—•—

——

A chill ran down my spine.

"What?" "Come on Cypress, it's not healthy. I know everyone said over time it'll get better. But your taking up a hospital bed, for 'Finnick'." She put air quotes around Finnick.

"What are you talking about?" My heart started to beat extra fast.

"Cypress, don't make me say it." "Say it." She groaned and ran her hand over her buzzed hair.

"He died with Roland remember?" I shook my head tears crept into my eyes. "No, he's been alive. I've been talking to him!" "Cypress you've been through a lot. Your mind isn't as strong as it was."

"No! He's alive I can prove it!" I grabbed her hand and ran to the hospital wing.

I pushed open the door. "See." She looked at the bed than at me.

"Cypress." "What!" I looked at the bed just to see my clock necklace laying perfectly on the pillow.

"Where did he go?" I looked around. "Cypress-." "He was just here." "Cypress-." "Did he wake up?" "CYPRESS!" She gripped my shoulders and shook me.

"Just face it. He's gone! I'm sorry! The doctor said all that time you were trying to keep Finnick alive you were keeping yourself alive. Your mind knew if you didn't, you wouldn't have a will to go on."

I sat on Finnick's bed.

My heart was pounding and my head was spinning.

"Cypress... you have to let me go." We ran in the tunnels, well speed walked. I told Katniss to run while I stayed behind.

"Finnick. I love you so much, you hear me?" I stopped walking and stared at him. "Please." I pulled his face down and kissed him, poring all the emotion I have into it.

"You with me?" I ask as we pull away painting. "Always." "Good, now let's go."

He was with me. Just not with me physically.

"Lilac said once it fully set in that you lost both of them you tried to harm yourself."

As my head was being pushed farther down into the fabric and my lungs burned of coughing and lack of air.