• 13 •

—•—

——

"So besides Brutus and Enobaria, who's left?" Katniss asked as we sat under some trees. Roland laid next to me as I leaned against Finnick's leg since he was standing.

My head rested on his hip as he played with my wet hair. I haven't gotten a break to talk to him yet, I haven't told him thank you for saving my life, and I haven't asked about Mags. But one can only imagine what happened to her.

"They know they're outnumbered. I doubt they'll attach again." I nodded along as Finnick spoke. "We're safe here on the beach." "So what do we do? We hunt ''em down?" Johanna asked a scream was hear through the arena.

It sounded like a little girl? Katniss perked up. "Katniss, help me!" We all turned towards the woods.

"Prim! Prim! No!" She screamed. "Katniss! Katniss, wait!" I got up to follow her. As they ran in the woods Roland got up to follow. "My legs fine Cypress." Before I could protest he ran into the woods following the group.

"Prim!" "Katniss!" I continued to hear. "Katniss! You okay?" I asked her as Roland leaned on me. I guess I should have protested his running.

"Roland! Roland! Cypress!" My heart dropped. "Bloss." "Roland it's not-" "Blossom!" He yelled and ran in a random direction. "Roland no!" I yelled as he ran limping.

As I tried to run Finnick's arms wrapped around my waist. "Finn let go." I kicked my legs around trying to get out of his hold. "It's a jabberjay!" "Finn, Jabberjay's copy. So where did they get that sound."

"Cypress help me!" Roland's voice screamed. "Where did he go?" I got out of his grip and ran in the direction of Roland.

Roland laid on the ground clutching on his calf, as JabberJays landed on him with Blossoms voice. As more flew near us more voices where attached to them.

"Cypress! Roland!" Blossom screamed. "Katniss!" The voice of Prim screamed sounding like she was in pain.

I fell grabbing my ears to muffle the noises.

"CYPRESS! CYPRESS HELP ME!" His screams where loud and raspy, it was almost the same as when he screamed for his mom and dad on Reaping day.

This time it wasn't my mind playing tricks on me. They used Leo's real voice.

"CYPRESS! CYPRESS HELP ME!" Roland gripped my jaw. "Cypress." His eyes where wide hearing the same yell.

"CYPRESS! CYPRESS HELP ME!" I shook my head tears coming to my eyes. Roland pulled me down to his chest his arms covering my head.

Finnick stood right outside the wall that stood. His hand banging on the invisible wall with Peeta.

"CYPRESS! CYPRESS HELP ME!"

That's all I heard for what felt like hours. When it stopped my first thought was that I become deaf from the screams.

Roland's arms unlaced from around me. He pushed me into the chest of another person, from the way he held me I could already tell it was Finnick.

"Its done Angel. It's over." He kissed my head and rocked back and fourth. "It's over."

"Your fiancé's right. The whole country loved your sister. If they tourched her or did anything to her, forget the districts, there would be riots in the capital."

Finnick gripped me tighter, my knees are in my chest and Finnick's arms are tightly secured around me. I held my hand out and grabbed Roland's.

"Hey, how does that sound, Snow? What if we... What if we set your backyard in fire? You know, you can't put everybody in here." We all stared at Johanna and her little outburst.

"What? They can't hurt me. There's no one left that I love. And the ones I do... Well, they're sitting right their."  She pointed her axe and Finnick and I. "I'll get you some water." She finished walking back to camp.

"Cypress, do you want to get up?" Finnick said softly. I wiped the tears from my eyes with the hand that Roland wasn't holding and nodded.

—•—

A/n Hello! Okay so, if you haven't looked on my tiktok page @ mood.reader (go check it out please)

Anyway, updates will be slower now cause I can't find Mockingjay part 2 on any streaming platforms for free.

So instead of every two days updates it might be five days to a week apart.

I hope you don't mind. Have a great day! And thank you so much for reading!

Don't forget to comment and vote! 🤍🤍