16

—•—

——

As much as I hate the games and the game makers I will say they can make a beautiful night sky. And if I wasn't uncontrollably shaking right now I would enjoy it.

Malik Leo and I are huddled around a small fire. Leo is leaning on me asleep his hands are in his pockets and his head is halfway in his jacket.

My nose is freezing it's feeling like it will fall off any second. My feet feel the same. My chin is in my jacket with my hood over my head. We can't go in a tree cause it's to cold to climb that high. We would probably die up there.

A loud cannon went off. I slightly jump at the noise. I looked at Malik who was already looking at me. "Do you think that was from a fight or from hypothermia?" I shrugged at his question my lips are so chapped when I speak they crack and hurt.

"Seems like our question will be answered." I look up to see the fallen tributes. "Their's gonna be a lot tonight." I mumbled. Malik slightly nodded.

Fallen tributes

District one Thea

Her mouth moved. She was screaming as Milo slit her throat but not deep enough to kill her right away, just enough to let her suffer.

District four Piers
District four Reign

I cringed as the video played. I look disgusting physically and mentally.

District seven Dirk
District seven Cassidy

My face of horror and disgust filled the screen. Why am I in every kill.

"Hey Leo." "Hi Cypress. Look at this." He points to the screen.

Cypress symbol for sacrifice, death, and mourning.

Death. It reminded me of a story my mother told me. The angel of death a type of serial killer, who is employed as caregiver and kills people under their care.

Caregiver... I looked down at Leo. I've been doing my best to keep him alive. Will I be the one to kill him?

District nine Colby

He didn't get a video. Only a picture of him, must have died of hypothermia.

District eleven Milo
District twelve Rubye

Thea killing Rubye played Milo screamed in the back. You can't hear it but the emotion in his entire face shook me. Veins popped from his neck as his face turned another color.

No wonder he was shaking when I approached him.

Once it was over Malik looked at me. His eyes were glassy. "The wind. Went in my eyes." He said after I looked at his eyes for a bit to long. "Of course." I nodded. And looked into the sky.

"Cypress." I looked back at Malik. "Theirs only three people alive. Two are teamed up. How should we handle this?" I take a deep breath looking at all the options.

"I personally think we should split up." I said after a long pause. "I mean their's three of us we could probably take them. But, what do we do at the end. Who lives?" "You want Leo on his own?" "No, he'll chose who he goes with. Me or you."

"Tomorrow?" "Tomorrow?"

End of day three

—•—