* 26 *

—•—

——

I watched as Finnick's chest went up and down.

We are all in the capital and apparently are safe. But I don't feel safe.

Every where I look there's a memory.

Right when we got to Snows mansion the doctor took care of Finnick, he was surprise he was still alive and talking. All of his cuts were deep. He's been sleeping for the last couple days.

Katniss' mother walked in, she's had glassy eyes ever since we found out Prim died.

"Cypress, can you follow me?" I nodded, I squeezed Finnick's hand he didn't squeeze back, The doctors said he had lost a lot of blood and is hanging on by a thread.

We walked through the white halls. She opened the door and my eyes adjusted to a little boy playing with blocks.

Leo Norwood.

"He woke up two days ago, he's been asking for a face he recognizes." "He won't recognize me. I barely know him." I stared at him as he continued building.

"Just try." She squeezed my shoulder and walked out.

I took a deep breath and walked closer.

"Hi, L... Leo." He looked up at me I could tell his mind was trying to place where he's seen me. "Mama and daddy?" I shook my head. "I know them." "Where are they?"

My throat started to burn. "What are you building?" I can't tell him the answer he's only three. At least that's what the chart says.

"House. My house." "It looks great." I bent down and sat on the floor.

His shirt was off and bandages wrapped around his small torso. "Burn." He said. "What?" He pointed to the gauze. "Fire. Mama hugged me. Then she left. Do you know where she is?"

He stared at me, he was a perfect mix between Blossom and Roland.

He has Roland's green eyes, and Blossoms golden skin tone, and a smile like Leo's my Leo.

"Your parents, umm." I choked back a sob. "Their not here." "Where are they?" A tear slipped down my face. He got up and wiped his hand on my cheek.

"Mama always did that when I cried." I smiled. "I know." "You knew her?" I nodded. "She was one of my best friends." "Then where is she?" "She, passed away?"

He looked at me like I just spoke gibberish, which I suppose I did seeing that he has no clue what I mean.

"Died?" I looked up at him. "She's dead?" I didn't move. "Mama told me daddy might die. So she's gone too?" I nodded. "Will I get to see her again?" I shook my head no.

"So she's in heaven?"

He sat down on my lap. My body grew stiff.

I nodded again.

After a painfully long silence he spoke.

"Wanna play with my toys." He looked up at me. "Sure, let's see what you have here."

He eagerly got up. "There's this truck! And this is a purple block." "Red." "Oh, mama started teaching me colors. I know green and yellow and orange."

"Oh really, that's cool." "Yeah, daddy's favorite color is green, mamas is yellow and I remember the color orange cause of the fruit." I nodded with a smile. "Man, Leo you are very smart."

"Why do you do that?" "Do what?" "When you say my name, you say is like this." He scrunched his face like he tasted something bad.

"Oh, well. You are named after someone I know. Well knew." "Can I meet them! Daddy always talked about the boy he knew." I looked down with tears. "No, Uhh, he's with your parents." "In heaven?" "Yeah, in heaven."

"Daddy said he had the best big sister." I picked up the purple (but definitely red) block and moved it around.

"Really?" "Yeah, he said when I became a big brother I had big shoes to fill." Big brother. "What?" I looked up at him he played with the truck.

Was Blossom pregnant?

"Yeah mama said when the time comes I'm gonna be great at it."

So she wasn't pregnant.

"Do you remember anything about your mama having a child." He shrugged. "There was one night that Daddy cried and hugged her and kissed her stomach which was weird. Then he put my hand on her stomach and said 'your siblings in there' but my sibling couldn't be in mama's stomach. Unless she ate them, but mama couldn't have."

I stared at the table, I struggled to breathe.

He snapped his fingers and the peacekeeper took the signal and stabbed Blossom in the side.

Blossom had a baby.

"I have to go, bye Leo." "Bye-bye."

I ran out the room running straight into someone.

"Whoa kid. What's wrong?" I looked everywhere but at Haymitch. "Blossom, had a baby." "Yeah Leo. I know I'm sorry."

I shook my head. "No, no, no, she was pregnant. Roland and Blossom were going to have another child."

Haymitch's face paled a little. "I killed Blossom and her baby." I cried. I fell into his shoulder his hand stiffly rested on the back of my head.

"No, you didn't. And Blossom wouldn't want you to feel that way. And Roland knew correct?" I nodded my head.

"And he didn't say anything, Cypress Blossom would've done anything to protect you. Yes she might of had a baby but she knew the risk of even saying it. She wanted to keep you safe. That was her priority not trying to keep an unborn baby alive."

I slowly looked up.

"Are you sure?" "No. But we can pretend." I laughed and wiped my tears. "Now come on, we've got a meeting to attend."

—•—