Chapter 6

Lydia-
My head was spinning in a whirl. It's like the rest of the world around me had misted away. I knew I was talking to Stiles, but that was just a kind of reflex. To answer when someone asks you a question. But what I was really trying to focus on had already disappeared. It disappeared the second she saw it but it felt like the longest second of her life. She knew she must be wrong. Logic and her senses were fighting a rough battle inside her. She tried to list all the reasons why it wouldn't be her. She was dead. We just had her funeral. We buried her. And then the reasons why it might be her. Hunting boots. Bow in hand. Quiver on back. Leggings. Leather jacket. Long brown curly hair. Her body structure. She felt it. Supernatural. And with that word she broke out of the spell. And she started running. Running so fast she left stiles in the dust. She needed to know. She needed too. It was a necessity.

She had no idea where she was going she just followed her heart. She finally got to the woods at the edge of campus when she saw a whisp of dark hair. She found another surge of strength and sprinted even faster. She could hear Stiles running and calling for her in the distance. She hated to see him worried but this was just far to important. She finally saw the figure come into view again. With their back turned to her they stopped. Lydia stopped around ten feet away. She knew she had to be stronger than this but all of a sudden she was terrified.
"TurTurn around." She told the figure timidly. Ever so slowly the figure turned slightly.
"Are you sure you won't be even more scared when your theory turns out to be true" the figure asked slyly.
I nearly passed out. My eyes widened and I started to shake. Allison slowly turned to face me all the way. She had a smartass look on her face like she knew exactly what I was thinking and it was the funniest thing in the world.
I knew this had to be a dream, it had to. She started counting her fingers. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. She did the same thing on each of hands. It wasn't a dream. But this wasn't Allison.