Chapter-25: Treasured.

Start from the beginning

I am truly happy for both him and Maryam, and I can't wait to be a sister-in-law to my own bestfriend. Maryam and Alina had called earlier telling me about their preparations for the wedding.

We had been discussing the wedding throughout the whole dinner, Aisha had left with Yusuf soon after the dinner. Our parents were currently out in the lawn, having all sorts of conversations.

A cheer from Adam and Usman brought my gaze back to the living room. Adam turned his head back to look at me, probably sensing my gaze on him.

He smiles, a soft smile of his which filled my heart with a warmth I've never felt before Adam.

I acknowledge his smile with one of my own and slightly wonder if it has the effect as his'. He beckons me to the couch across him and Usman. Mama calls us from outside before I could go and sit on the couch.

It's almost midnight so mama and baba suggest that we leave. Adam turns to me raising his brows in question. I furrow mine in confusion "What?" I ask.

He rolls his eyes "Are you ready to leave yet?" He asks.

"Yeah ofcourse. Why wouldn't I be?" I question back and he rolls his eyes again "And I thought of being considerate towards you" he sighs shaking his head as I put on my abaya.

I give him an extra sweet smile "You do all these and tell me not to call you cute" I say with a chuckle. His eyes narrow down in slits as he leans down to boop my nose with his.

"Come on now before mama herself comes to drag us out" he says taking my hand in his and walking out to the porch where all of them were indeed waiting for us.

We bid my parents and Usman goodbye, promising to meet again soon for the shopping and other stuff.

(⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)

I glance at Adam as he takes a different turn rather than that which leads to our home. "Are we going somewhere else Adam?"

"Uh huh"

"But it's late"

"And?" He asks with a smirk, arching a brow.

"Wouldn't mama and baba wonder where we are?" I think about it for a moment and dig into my bag for the phone to inform them.

Adam catches my hand in my mid-search and glances at me for a split second before turning his gaze back to the road.

"Already informed, they might've even reached home by now" he says entwining our hands and resting them on the console.

"Okay...what exactly are you upto then?" I ask, wondering what he might've planned at this hour of night.

"You'll have to see it for yourself" he says in a calm voice and I lean in the window, watching the roads, cars and the night lights pass by.

(⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)

A gentle, feather like caress on my cheek and the feel of soft lips on my forehead stirs me out of my sleep.

I open my eyes to see Adam smiling down at me and I'm nonetheless filled with the same warmth. "We're here" he whispers soft enough to not reach any further than me. He bends in to unfasten my seatbelt and pulls me out of the car using my hand.

I rub the sleep off my eyes and look around to see ourselves standing in the porch of the same cabin we had stayed at after our reception.

"Just how much time did I sleep for?" I ask because this place is like really far.