Cleo and I were smiling at each other. She was like a big sister who was pushing my hair behind my ear. I saw tears forming in her eyes so I immediately handed her my handkerchief. Naloloka na ako sa mga bisita ko. Lahat sila ay inuunahan akong umiyak. This is supposed to be my moment!

I diverted my attention to the window when it suddenly rained heavily. Riley entered the room since she was our wedding coordinator. Ashi and I only planned a small garden wedding in front of our closest family and friends kaya hindi na kami nag-all out. It's the memory that counts so everyone contributed to this wedding.

"It's supposed to be sunny today, according to the weather. Hindi ko alam na uulan nang ganito kalakas. Basa na lahat ng chairs and decorations!" Riley stated in a panic.

Everyone started worrying too. I can hear them asking each other whether or not our wedding should be postponed. Ashi and I have been waiting for this day and I wouldn't let a heavy rain stop us from getting married.

"Where are you going, Magui?" Cleo called me when I rushed out of my room.

I ran towards the other end of the hall. I was about to enter when Lia stopped me. My family and friends are all behind her.

"You shouldn't see each other until the wedding starts. It's bad luck!" Lia reminded me of the wedding superstition that the elders used to believe in.

"I don't care about superstitions, Lia. Ashi and I aren't traditional so none of you can stop me from seeing Ashi." I looked at all of them before opening the door.

Gia was shocked to see me. She was about to prevent me from coming near Ashi but Malia signaled her to let me in.

I saw Ashi crying and Stella was comforting her. Savannah even handed her a glass of water.

"Ashi," I called her.

She turned around and hugged me really tight, "our wedding is ruined."

"We can reschedule it if you want. I'll see what we can save so we can set up on another day." Riley suggested.

"No, we're pushing through with the wedding." I insisted. "Rain or shine, Ashi and I are getting married today."

I asked all of them to leave us first so we can talk to each other. I don't want Ashi to walk down the aisle with a heavy heart.

"Are you sure you want to push through? We can postpone naman eh." Ashi was still sobbing so I was wiping her tears. Her makeup is ruined already.

"I loved you even though you're the reason why I went bankrupt. You chased me here in Canada even though it means the end of your career. We defied all odds, Ashi. Why should we let a little rain stop us from getting married?" I gave her the encouragement that she needed.

She thought about my words and suddenly felt jolly again, "oo nga. Sa dinami-dami ng pinagdaanan natin, sa ulan pa ba tayo matatakot?" She started chuckling despite the smudged makeup on her face. "Sige na, Magui. We shouldn't be seeing each other before the wedding."

"For the nth time, I don't care about superstitions," I told her as I took the makeup set in front of her.

I told Ashi to relax as I put makeup on her face. Our makeup didn't need to be fancy. I just gave her the usual but I made sure that her eyeliner was on point. Her eyeliner means a lot to her.

"Thank you, Magui," Ashi said while I was busy putting blush on her face. "Thank you for giving me strength. For a minute, I thought that the universe was against us again."