CHAPTER 43

-- MAGUI --

"No phones allowed."

Cleo took away my phone because I was busy talking to Riley about work. I promised to take a day off during their last day so we can spend time together before they fly back to the Philippines.

"You have the rest of your life to do office work, Magui. Ibigay mo na sa'min 'to." Jenna told me too.

I turned off my phone and placed it in the pocket of my bag. I survived a day without a phone when Ashi and I went to Elyu. I can survive this day too with them.

"What's our agenda for today?" Gia asked me while looking at the itinerary I sent in their emails.

"First, we'll go to the Capilano Suspension Bridge to take a hike. Then we'll have lunch in Gastown. After, we'll go to the Victoria and Butchart Gardens to watch the sunset. Lastly, we'll have an enchanting dinner at the Vancouver Harbor Sunset Dinner Cruise. I rented a small cruise just for us." I told them our agenda for today.

"Ang sarap talaga magkaroon ng best friend na CEO!" Malia cheered as she hugged me but Cleo pulled her aside.

"Best friend ko 'yan!" She glared at Malia.

"Edi ikaw na best friend! Seselos naman 'to agad." Malia glared back at her.

I just shook my head as I watched my friends fight over me again. After a few minutes, we arrived at our first destination. We had a personal tour guide to help us with our agenda for today.

"Welcome to the Capilano Suspension Bridge. I hope you have a lot of energy because we'll be hiking a lot today." The tour guide told us.

She was leading us throughout the hike and the girls and I followed after her. They were looking after each other but since I had no one, I had to be extra careful.

"Are you okay, Magui?" Cleo asked who was currently in front of Stella.

"Buhay mayaman kasi kaya hindi sanay sa hikinh!" Malia commented so I glared at her.

"Ang dadaya niyo kaya! You guys have each other and I only have myself so sorry if I'm taking my time, ha?" I complained and they all laughed at me.

"Kung niligawan mo na kasi ulit si Ashi noon edi sana may kasama ka ngayon." Savannah continued to tease me.

"Funny ka 'no?" I playfully rolled my eyes as I tried to catch up with them.

The tour guide taught us about the bridge's history as we wandered around. After a while, she gave us 30 minutes to explore on our own and take some pictures. I thought it was a family day but the girls went on separate paths so I was left all alone again.

I saw Jenna and Savannah taking each other's pictures. I had to open my phone and use the front cam just to take a selfie.

"Do you want me to take your picture?" I turned around and saw a nice girl offering to take my picture.

I smiled at her before I handed her my phone.

"Smile, beautiful!" She told me and I did different poses.

"Thank you." I gave her one final smile before she left.

"Sino 'yon?" Cleo suddenly appeared to tease me.

"Some stranger who volunteered to take my pictures," I answered as I looked at my pictures.

Damn, I look hot!

"Type mo?" Stella appeared on my other side.

"What?" I asked, confused. "I don't like Canadian girls."