CHAPTER 42

-- ASHI --

"Today is Ashi day!"

I woke up extra early for a productive day. I changed into my workout clothes before I placed on my AirPods and jog around the village. After almost an hour, I went back to the VL house. I got myself a glass of water and found it really weird to see the house empty and quiet.

"I hope the girls are happy in Canada," I whispered to myself as I checked out their posts.

stellapangilinan: I followed my heart and it led me to Vancouver.

giaborja: Hello Vancouver, Gia's finally here!

savannahcastro: I've found my happy place here in Vancouver.

12AMOfficial: When in Canada 🇨🇦 Miss you @ashi

12AMOfficial: Welcome to the world, Vanya Luna Music Group 🌙

My brows furrowed as I saw the picture of my bandmates with Magui's new company. It wasn't Solace anymore. She renamed it to Vanya Luna.

I saved the picture and posted it on my Twitter account.

ashi: Congratulations Vanya Luna Music Group. Congratulations @mfeola

I was still looking at their posts when I saw Magui's latest tweet. It was her OOTD during the opening of Vanya Luna. She looks stunning in her red outfit.

mfeola: Your CEO is back 🌙

4shipr1v: Congratulations, my solace 💛

I hid my phone after checking all my social media accounts. The girls haven't called yet since the day they landed so they're probably enjoying Canada. I didn't bother to call them because I didn't want to ruin their vacation. Besides, it's also Ashi day. I'll spend the whole entire day with myself.

I got myself a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast before I went to the studio to get one of Malia's guitars. I sat on the back porch. I was multitasking eating my breakfast and strumming the guitar while thinking of some sensible lyrics. We have an upcoming concert two months from now and they told me that I have to come up with a new song.

I still haven't produced anything when a yellow butterfly landed on my guitar. I was just staring at it until I remembered a song that I wrote for Magui a year after our breakup. I wasn't able to finish it but maybe I can now.

"O kay sarap sa ilalim ng kalawakan
Kapag kapiling kang tumitig sa kawalan
Saksi ang buwan at bituin sa pagmamahalan
Nating dalawa"

I was reminiscing the day Magui and I first kissed each other. It was the night of her birthday while dancing in the middle of the rain. We weren't together anymore but that kiss proved how much we still loved each other. It was one of the most cherishable memories I have of Magui. It's been a month since we last heard from each other yet it's still her that inspires me to write music.

It feels like I was struggling with writer's block. I couldn't come up with anything so I decided to take a short break. I finished my breakfast before I went to the sink to wash it. I took Malia's guitar and I went to my room. I took a dusty box under the bed and opened it.

"Aking Bahaghari, Ashi Geronimo by Magui Feola."

Words will never be enough for me to express my love for you. But here's an attempt.

Colors.

The first time you laid your eyes on me, I was wearing black. Like I always do. Because I've always been the type of person who prefers neutral colors over bright ones.