CHAPTER 9

-- RILEY --

"Sumagot na ba?" I asked Lia who was still on the phone trying to contact Magui.

"Hindi pa rin, Ry eh." She answered. "Cannot be reached pa rin."

"Try harder!" I was getting frustrated already.

It's almost a week since Magui left but she hasn't contacted us yet. At first, I thought she was grieving. I gave her the time to rest and cope with her situation but then I noticed that it was starting to get long. She's not tweeting or posting stories as she used to before. It's unusual about her.

"What if sundan ko siya?" I told Lia who was still trying to contact Magui.

"Hindi na tayo mayaman, Ry. Sabi ni Magui, we can't waste what we have left."

"Lia, aanhin ko yung pera kung wala na si Magui? She's far more important than Solace right now."

Magui's our friend. Even if she wasn't as open to us as we are to her, she means a lot to Lia and me. She means a lot to me.

I booked a ticket as soon as possible. Iniwan ko kay Lia lahat ng dapat asikasuhin. She's a business graduate so she knows what to do. Besides, I won't be staying long. I will be back here once I find Magui.

I rode a cab towards my house in Manila. Magui has no property here in the Philippines so I told her to stay at my house na lang. When I got there, it was dark and empty as if Magui hasn't been there at all. I checked all the rooms in the house but there was no sign of her.

Where could she be?

I need help. Si Ashi lang ang kilala kong malapit kay Magui dito but they are not in good terms. She said that she used to be friends with 12AM so maybe they can help me.

But where can I find them?

I took out my phone and looked at 12AM's recent update on Twitter.

12AMOfficial: See you later, Bataan!

I took my car and immediately went to the music event happening in Bataan. I didn't have tickets so I sneaked my way in the back exit.

12AM just finished their performance and I saw them riding in the van one by one. I saw Cleo on her phone so I immediately called for her attention.

"Cleo!" I called her. "It's me, Riley!"

She hid her phone in her pocket before she pulled me to the side.

"Don't show yourself here. Malaki ang galit nila kay Magui." Cleo told me while making sure that none of her bandmates would see us. "Kasama mo ba si Magui? Where is she?"

"Actually, that's what I was going to tell you. I need your help." I tried not to stutter.

"Bakit?" She arched a brow. Who knew Cleo Natividad could be this intimidating.

"I told Magui to return here to fix her relationship with you guys. She flew back here a week ago but she hasn't reached out to us yet. I got worried so I booked the soonest flight I could find. I went home to our house but she wasn't there. Wala naman siyang properties dito so I don't know where to look for her." I explained everything to Cleo.

"So why do you need me?" She asked coldly.

"You used to be friends. Do you know any relative of hers that she could've come to? Or place where she could be right now." Nagbabakasakali lang ako that maybe Cleo knows something.

"First of all, hindi ako hanapan ng nawawalang kaibigan." She rolled her eyes at me. She's so scary! "Second, wala na siyang kamaganak. Her dad died 10 years ago. Her mom and brother left her. She has no one, di mo ba alam 'yon?"