Chapter Seven

I wake up in a hospital chair. I see Tobias In the hospital bed, hooked up to a machine that keeps beeping. he's alive. Oh my god he's alive. I get up and rush over to him and wait until he wakes up. I remember holding Tobias In my arms and Christina running over but everything else is a blur in my mind.

I look down and he's waking up.

"Tris." He mumbles, his voice groggy from sleep.

I grab his hand and look into his deep blue eyes. "Hey, you're up." I kinda whisper.

"What happened? Why am I in a hospital?"

"What do you mean? What's the last thing you remember?" I ask.

"I remember we found Evelyn and Matthew and then it's just blank after that."

"Oh good, you didn't forget much." I say, relieved. "Well when we found them I ran to Evelyn and put the gun to her back and she tried to run but I shot her knee cap, and then.... then she shot you. I shot her in the chest after that and ran over to you and I guess we took you here." I explain.

"What do you mean 'you guess you took me here'?" He asks.

"Well it's all kinda a blur."

"C'mere" he says pulling me closer to him. He kisses me and I deepen it.

*****************TIME LAPSE TO NEXT WEEK****************

Tobias was released from the hospital two days ago, we had to postpone our 'run away' since he was shot. We're now leaving tonight.

I pack a light bag that only has a few pieces of clothing, a knife, and a gun. It's 4:30 so well be leaving in a couple of hours.

We're having a little memorial for Caleb in an hour and a half, before we leave so I head over to Christina's, she's dressing me up.

I get to her house and knock. She opens it and let's me in.

"You okay?" She asks.

I'm obviously not okay but I lie and say, "yeah, I'll be fine."

"Okay, let's go into my room and get you dressed." She says.

We go to her room and into the closet. She picks out a black strapless dress that cuts off right above the knee, it's lacy and flows slightly. She does my hair in a fishtail braid and puts it over my shoulder. She does my makeup light with mascara, a little eye liner, and blush pink lipstick.

"Done." She says and hands me a mirror.

"Wow. I look great. Thanks Chris." I tell her.

"No problem." She says with a smirk.

"Lets go." I say and we leave.

We go to Tobias's place and when he see's me his jaw drops. I blush and look down.

"Tris, you look beautiful." He says an  I blush again.

"Thank you. As do you." I smile. He leans in and kisses me and I deepen it.

"Ehem." Christina says a few minutes later.

"Can...I.....help.......you?" I ask in between kisses.

"Yeah, you can. You can make it so I don't barf today." She says and I laugh and pull away.

"Ugh. Fine." I grumble.

"Great, now let's go." She says and with that we leave.

We get to the memorial and sit down. The ceremony is short, it's just loved ones here. A couple of people say a few words about him and then everyone leaves, everyone except me.