Chapter One

I wake up seeing spots and colors all over this large white room, there's nothing In it but a small metal table that I lay on. I sit up and start to think, how am I alive?

A few minutes pass when I see a figure come into the room, it's a boy, a boy who wears a white T-Shirt and blue jeans, it's Caleb. Caleb runs over to me with a shocked look on his face. "It worked, it actually worked". he said excitedly. "How am I alive?" "Well, since you know... I've been working on a serum, a reviving serum that no one knows about". "How long have I been gone? "About five days". "Oh my god, I have to find Tobias, he needs to know I'm okay". I say loudly, as I get up and start running down the hall.

The hallways remind me of Erudite headquarters, but I know I'm not there.

Finally I find the cafeteria where Tobias sits with his head down, staring at his untouched food. I run over to him and grab him putting him in an embrace. "Tris, you're alive". He said, surprised. He pulls back slightly, just enough to see me from head to toe, he glances up and down and back up me then he kisses me softly. "I love you Tris". he whispers in my ear. "I love you too Tobias". I say, as I tear up. "How are you here?" Says Tobias. "Caleb made a reviving serum that to my surprise, worked". I say, looking into his deep blue eyes and smiling. "Tris!" Yells Christina, while she's running towards me, she gives me a big bear hug and it kinda hurts. "How are you alive", she asks. "Caleb made a reviving serum". says Tobias, smiling. It's good to see him so happy like this, he's not often like the way he is today. "So what are you now, like a zombie or something?" Christina says, smiling and lightly giggling. "Too soon?" She asks. "Yeah, I'd say it's a little too soon Christina", says Tobias. We all sit down and talk about things that don't really matter.

I say,"I think I'm going to go home and bathe, I need a shower". "Okay, bye" ,they say.

I get home and find, on the table, a note that reads, meet me at ten, my house -Tobias. I'm not sure why he wants me to meet him but I'm sure it's important since he wouldn't say it at the cafeteria. I decide to take a nap before I leave since its only 6:30p.m.

I wake up five minutes before ten. "Oh crap, I have to go" I thought as I put my shoes on and ran down to Tobias's house. I knock on the door but it just opens. "Hello?" I say, hoping to find Tobias. I look to my right and see Evelyn. "What are you doing here?" I say in a low voice. "I could ask you the same thing". She says, grinning. "I don't have to explain myself to you, Evelyn", I said, barely containing my anger.

About a minute passes before Tobias walks in. "Evelyn? What are you doing here?" He asks. "I'm here to see you darling", Evelyn says sarcastically. "Oh shut up, we all know that you want something from him". I snap. "What do you want Evelyn?"Asks Tobias. "I actually don't want anything from you, Tobias...I want something from her". She says, pointing at me. "No, no, you're not going to have anything to do with her, Evelyn", says Tobias, In a very low voice. "You might wanna re-think that one, because if you don't help me, by telling me how you brought her back to life, then her brother is gonna need whatever she had", says Evelyn. "Don't you dare touch him, or so help me God I wil-" she cuts me off. "You'll what? Kill me?" She says, smirking. "Please, I'd like to see you try",Evelyn mutters. "Okay" I assure her. I throw a punch at her and just barely miss, I grab the knife from my back pocket and throw it at her hitting her in the right shoulder. She screams a loud and piercing scream. I jump towards her, but Tobias pulls me back. "What the hell, Tris?" Yells Tobias. "She threatened to kill Caleb", I say pointedly. "He'll be fine Tris, I won't let her kill him", Tobias calmly states. Evelyn gets up and punches me right in the jaw, I groan very loudly, and Tobias turns around and throws a punch at her hitting her in the nose, making it bleed excessively. "Calm down both of you". he demands. I know he's right but I'm still angry so I storm out angrily, slamming the door behind me.

When I get to my room I get a wash cloth and clean myself up. It's about fifteen minutes after I get home when I hear someone come in. It's Tobias. "Why did you leave?" He asks. "I needed to clean myself up and...I'm tired", I sigh. "Well you could've gotten cleaned up at my house. Are you okay?" He asks me. "Yeah, I'll be fine", I assure him. He puts his hand on my face, it kinda stings but I don't care. He moves in closer and kisses me lightly. I decide to go to bed once I'm done getting all cleaned up, but I don't want to be alone, so Tobias stays with me. I lay on his chest, listening to his heart beating, I can't fall asleep, so I just lay there with my eyes shut until around midnight when I finally fall asleep.