. 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕚𝕣𝕤𝕥 .

-𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕.-

Like every morning I walked to school with John because we were neighbors. Well, not quite, but we had the same path, which is why we always met in front of his house and then walked together. Same today. The sun was shining and I already suspected that it would get warm later. It wasn't bad but going home in the schooluniform isn't the best idea.

Our uniform consisted of a black skirt, black tights, white long socks, a white shirt and a black tie. The boys wore black pants, white short socks, a white shirt and a black tie. We were allowed to choose our own jacket and shoes. That was the best.

„Did you do the math homework?“, John asked and looked at me questioningly.

Wait a minute. We had homework to do? In maths? How come I didn't know about this? And the more interesting question was; why didn't he told me? He really wanted me to fail the class.

„We had homework?“, so I said.

John couldn't help but smile. Either I was asleep or I wasn't listening to Mr. Beach. I couldn't explain it any other way. But it could also be that I've been stuck in my daydreams again. All three were possible.

„Sometimes I wonder how you got into this school.“, he said and I just shrugged my shoulders.

To be honest, I didn't even know how I got into this school. The school was for students with talents like playing the guitar or doing quick mental arithmetic. I didn't have any special talent. You could say that our school was a private school because our parents had to pay a lot of money.

„I'm wondering that too John.“, I just said and nudged him gently.

Three boys were already waiting in front of the school and I knew that was my signal to leave. I didn't mind that John made friends, he more than deserved it, but I wanted to avoid them. I'm not comfortable around people I don't know and this included his friends too.

„Are you leaving already?“, he asked me a little bit sad because I still didn't want to meet them.

I have a good reason why I don't want to meet his friends but hurting John was even more bad. I hate seeing him sad. And in this case I'm the reason why he is sad but I can't change who I am.

„I will make it up to you I promise. I'm not good with new people.“, it was a poor but credible excuse.

I absolutely disliked meeting new people and John's friends were no exception. I got along well with John because we were practically neighbors and our mothers knew each other from their school days. We kind of grew up together. But there was another reason I didn't want anything to do with them. But that remains my secret for now.

„Fine then not. See you later.“, injured, he walked in the direction of the three and left me alone.

I looked after him sadly.

„I'm sorry Deaks..“, I said quietly and made my way into the school building.

I know that he just wants the best for me. I know he only cares about me. John is the best friend you could ask for. Still, he has to accept the fact that I don't like the idea of meeting his friends. Even thinking of it gives me goosebumps.

My classroom was on the top floor. I hated walking all the stairs, but I couldn't avoid it or omit it. As always, I sat down in a place where I could see out the window. John would sit next to me, I knew that without thinking twice.

As soon as I made myself as comfortable as possible, two girls started talking loudly about a boy from eleventh grade. Without having to know the name, I knew who was meant. He was the number one topic of conversation with every girl group. 

I tried to ignore them as best I could and concentrate on the upcoming class.