» Chapter 14 «

Začať od začiatku

"Doesn't matter if it's just a rumour, I will look into it." Baji declared, with a serious tone, one he rarely used.

"Do you want me to come with?" Chifuyu asked, adopting an equal serious position. Before he could get an answer from his captain, a ring from his cell phone made Chifuyu look at it and curse under his breath. "Sorry, Baji-san. I have to go home, Peke J ran off again."

Saying goodbye to his friend and with a promise to meet up again later at the stairs in their apartment complex, Chifuyu makes his way home, leaving Baji and (name) alone in the park.

"You've been awfully quiet." Baji commented, now looking at (name).

"It seemed like you and Chifuyu were having a serious conversation, I didn't want to bother."

Humming at your answer, Baji asked your opinion on the matter.

"I mean, it would be wise to check and see if there really is a clandestine fighting ring or not. But then again, wouldn't it be risky to just show up there?"

"What do you mean?"

"From what I know from Toman, despite you guys being part of a gang, you guys don't participate in criminal actions... And whoever created this clearly doesn't care. Besides, it shows they don't respect your ranks, and most likely created a rank of their own." As you spoke, your gaze drifted from Baji to your feet, as a way of focusing on your thoughts and trying to understand all the possibilities regarding this situation. "If that's the case... we wouldn't be able to know their numbers, so going there alone, or even with Chifuyu, it would be too risky. We have to be smart about this."

You had a point, Baji noted, but despite the serious topic, he couldn't help but smirk teasingly at you.

"We?" You quickly snapped your face up and looked at Baji and started stuttering at him, and if your face was anything to go by, he was sure that if he touched you, you would be burning up. "Just messin' with ya. Do you have any ideas?"

The look on your face told Baji everything he needed to know, and whatever that was that you were thinking about, he wouldn't like it one bit. But knowing you, and how level-headed you were, Baji also knew that whatever it was, it was their safest bet.

────✧❅✦❅✧────

That's how, a few hours later, you were standing alone on a different park from the one you were earlier with Baji and Chifuyu, trying to find any evidence of a clandestine fighting ring. So far, you hadn't found anything, but if the distance sound of screaming was anything to go by, you were in the right place.

And as to prove your point, a few minutes later you're faced with something that makes your blood run cold and instinctively hide behind a tree, even though you knew that chances of anyone seeing you, even if you were to stand in the middle of it all, were close to none.

There, right in front of you, was the so rumoured fighting ring, and the sight that welcomed you made you glad that you were able to dissuade Baji from coming here on his own, because if he did, you weren't sure if he could take so many people on his own.

How many are there? Thirty? Forty? Looking around, you tried to see if anyone would stand out as the so-called leader and sure enough, sitting on top of some stairs, was a group of guys that looked to be the ones responsible for all of this. But the two that stood out more to you were the one with a sadistic expression on his face and a hunching posture, and the muscular one, with a scar on his left eyebrow and a bat resting by his feet.

Something in your gut told you that the latter was the leader.

As it seemed, you got there just in time, because it looked like they were in their last fight, and soon enough all people involved left the place, with the exception of a blonde teenager.

From what you saw, he was the last one to fight, and if his position on the ground and all the bruises decorating his face was anything to go by, he had lost the fight. And from the leader's reaction, that consisted of a kick to his gut before leaving, this wasn't the first time he had lost.

Even though you could see a group of teenagers approaching the blonde on the ground (from their worried faces you deduced they were his friends), you thought about going over and heal him a bit, taking some pity on him. However, as you were getting closer, your eyes crossed, and even though you were sure he didn't see you, the milliseconds of eye contact were enough to make you stumble on your feet and take support on a tree beside you.

Not from surprise, no.

But because as soon as that happened, you felt genuinely sick to the stomach. You felt like throwing up and the usual signs of a headache forming.

Something was wrong with that boy.

You were sure of it.

You could see that he didn't have a mean bone in his body, he seemed like a good person. But there was something more to him, something that was not natural.

Deciding to not dwell too much on it, you decided to go back to Baji and tell him what you just saw and that the rumours were right.

And if you were lucky, he was hanging out with Chifuyu, and you could play with the blonde. And if you were double lucky, Baji would be jealous again and would let you cuddle with him.

────✧❅✦❅✧────

More than 5000 reads and +300 votes? I- I have no words guys, thank you sooo much for the support