41. Smoke Signal (Season 3 First Chapter)

Start from the beginning

"She is acting on her own again." Levi said, looking at Mikasa. "Is it about time to punish her?"

"No, he is not signalling. We have got to cut him out." Hange said and jumped off the cliff, using her ODM gear, Moblit followed her. "Eren!!"
.
.

"Hot! He is almost too hot to touch!" Hange yelled while pulling Eren from his titan nape.

Moblit was holding a clipboard while Mikasa just stood there with worry, holding two blades.

"Hange, wait! Eren is bleeding!" Mikasa said.

Eren's face came out completely disfigured.

"Look at that Moblit!" Hange said, looking at Moblit while continuing to pull Eren. Mikasa gasped. "Quick! Do a sketch of Eren's face!"

"Squad leader! Have you lost your Humanity!" Moblit asked while Mikasa was looking at Eren with wide eyes.

Then she gasped and cut the muscles, connecting to Eren to his titan form.

Hange fell back with Eren, whose face was completely disfigured and his tongue was hanging out.

"Sorry. I got carried away..." Hange said.
.

"Looks like it will be a long while," Levi said and turn to Armin. "before we can use the Titans hardening ability to seal the wall."

"Yes." Armin replied. "I knew it was a long shot when I suggested it. It's a good plan in theory."

"It's a good plan in theory." Levi repeated, looking ahead. "We wouldn't need to transport tons of materials to the wall, only Eren. But in the end, only Eren can take the shot even if we have another titan shifter now on our side now."
.

"The experiment is over!" Hange said, holding an unconsious Eren. "All troops, disperse at once!"

"Understood!" Keiji replied and turned towards Connie. "Make sure nobody witness the test!"

"Yes sir!" Connie replied and both of them left with their horses.
.

Historia had her hood up with a clock.

"Get in the wagon Eren's in." Levi ordered Historia as she was about to leave. "I'm headed for Trost District with Hange's group."

"Yes sir." Historia replied.

Levi just stared at her, remembering Nick's words.
.
.
.

"You must find her at once. Only she... She may know the truths which even we cannot perceive."
.
.
.

Levi watched her leave.
.
.

Off in the distance, 2 persons were spying on them, telescope in their hands.
.
.

Levi was sitting on a chair in Erwin's office in Throst while Erwin was standing by the window, reading the report.

"I see. Another failed attempt." Erwin said. "If the plan had worked, we could have plugged the hole in Shiganshina District in less than a day. Faye's titan couldn't seal the gate. We don't have enough information."

"We'd be in a better position if there was a book about the hardening ability." Levi said. "But we have Christa- no, Historia Reiss. May be she can tell us more about the walls."

"I read the report about her upbringing." Erwin said, looking ahead. "She is the illegitimate daughter of Lord Reiss and her life's story is truly miserable. But our real concern should be why a mere regional lord would know the secrets of the walls.
.
.

Nick was sitting alone in a room, eyes closed, fingers interwined.

A knock on the door broke him out of his trance.
.
.