Ymir appeared emotional, almost torn.

"Ymir!" Bertolt called. "Look... The Scouts have already gotten this close."
.

The group of Scouts was gaining on them.
.

"If only we had run right away, we probably would've been able to escape." Bertolt's voice was full of regret. "But because you forced us to bring Christa... at this rate, they'll catch us! Hey, Ymir... are you telling us we did all of that for nothing? Did you change your mind? Is that really what you want? Letting Christa rot within the Walls? Don't be stupid, Ymir!"

"Ymir! Hurry up and let me go!" Historia insisted.

Ymir shut her eyes and said, "I can't!"

Historia was stunned.

"Historia... To be honest... the reason I snatched you away... was only to save myself." Ymir admitted.

"What?"

"A long time ago, I stole the Power of the Titans from one of their comrades." Ymir told her. "There's nothing I can do against them. Sooner or later, they'll kill me. But... if I hand you over and cooperate with them... they said they would see what they could do... and try to make it so my crime goes away. Because you know the secrets of the Wall, you're someone important to the Church."
.
.
.

Historia recalled asking Ymir:

"Does it... have to do with my family?"

"Yeah, it does," she replied, not looking at her.
.
.
.

"Once this world started going to hell... I thought being with you would give me insurance in the future," Ymir said, not making eye contact. "I almost died during the battle at that castle... and that feeling scarred me for life. I'm afraid to die... I'll do whatever it takes to live... I'm pathetic... I told myself I was doing it for your sake... But really, I did it for myself. Please, Historia..."

Hair covering her face, Historia bent her head, quiet.

"Please... Please save me!" Ymir begged, finally looking up.

Complete silence filled the air.

"I told you already, Ymir." Historia said and smiled honestly at her. "No matter what happens... I will always be your ally!"
.

Eren opened his eyes.
.

Hannes cried out and swung his swords, but they shattered against the Armored Titan's legs and he stumbled and fell to the ground.
.

Awareness finally seeped into Eren's eyes.
.

Four Scouts flew toward the Armored Titan.
.

Eren glared at Bertolt over his shoulder. A hook shot into the red muscles next to Eren.

The Jaws Titan snatched the man in midair and sent him to the ground.

Eren looked up as a blur flew by the Jaws Titan and she screamed, blood and steam rising from one of her eyes.

Mikasa went for Eren.

Bertolt ran up to the side of the Armored Titan's neck as Mikasa ran after him.

"Reiner, protect us!" Bertolt cried out.

An armored hand blocked Mikasa's attack. She glared violently through the space between the golden fingers and Bertolt stared back, frightened.

The Jaws attempted to hit her and Mikasa quickly dodged.

'I knew it!' Mikasa pulled out fresh blades. 'I'll have to kill Ymir first!'