chapt 58 • Perfect For Me

Start from the beginning

The short and kind elderly woman who I found myself wasting her time and telling her all the things I love about Honey the last time I was here, opened the library's door for me.

"She's upstairs and you were right, she is beautiful" She smiled and left the library and took her cat with her, placing the keys on the bookshelf and telling me to lock up and leave the keys underneath a brick when we were done.

I looked at the rows of stairs in front of me, I suddenly grew nervous and my heart rate picked up faster than I could control.

I haven't seen her in so long I didn't know what to think, I was scared that she was going to say all the words she didn't say when she left and never said goodbye.

I made it up to the last step and all those worries I had disappeared in an instant when I saw her.

There she was, the girl who had captured my heart the second I saw her when she bumped into me for the first time. The beautiful girl who couldn't see her beauty even if she stared at herself in the mirror with it written on her forehead.

There she was in a dark cherry red dress, that fit her so nicely I could imagine all her curves underneath the dress, the body that I love to kiss and cherish, the body I love to make her realize is perfect and the body I want to show her she is so much more than.

But it wasn't just how she looked in the dress that made me freeze up, it was how instantly captured I was by her. Just as beautiful and even more than I remember, I suddenly felt my throat go dry and the shirt that I had some buttons open felt like they were now suffocating me.

I was so far gone looking at her that I didn't even notice the surroundings, lights hung along the bookshelves, and the chairs and tables were moved out of the way.

In the middle were pillows, thrown in a circle while Honey seemed to be adjusting them constantly and looking frustrated if one of them didn't meet her expectations.

The creak of the floor beneath me caused her to look up and find me standing here.

She paused for a moment, taking me in and I grew shy underneath her gaze like I always do.

The second those eyes met mine, all my feelings for her hit my heart like a train and I knew by the burning of my face that I was blushing like a fucking idiot right now.

She hurried and stood up, straightening out her dress and taking a breath to herself.

"I um... this was a stupid idea. Not inviting you here, but this" She gestured around the room, "I don't know why I thought a date would be the perfect time to talk about everything especially this being our first" She was talking more to herself than me.

I could see the embarrassment she was going through right now, and I walked further into the room, around the pillows, and took her hands into mine. I wanted to kiss her, kiss her and tell her that I love everything she's done but we did need to talk.

"I wanted to be the one asking you on a date, but I don't think I could ever outdo this," I say trying to control myself from wanting to bring a hand up to her cheek and see how her eyelashes flutter when I do.

"Should we... should we talk now?" A sudden state took over her features, she was nervous like I was and her voice was giving her away.