chapt 5 • Sweet Like Honey

I fixed my obsidian black, curled hair in the mirror, fixing my white buttoned shirt

I fixed my obsidian black, curled hair in the mirror, fixing my white buttoned shirt. Tying the long ends to stop at my belly button, I pulled up my knee high socks to go along with my skirt.

I was always told that I should have been a model, my legs were toned and perfect. I was also told that my tongue and lips would get me into nothing but trouble, but trouble was fun to me.

It was the start of summer, which meant that I would begin to start my college lessons. Hartford offered them encase you wanted to attend a university after your stay. I picked up the schedule that was sent to my door this morning by Charlotte along with a muffin. I was given the courses of English Literature and Art and one Prayer lecture.

I fold the paper and tuck it in one of my books, a knock on my door came and it was the devil herself with her usual portfolio.

"What a lovely way to start my morning" I held the door with a sarcastic smile. She entered with no words, she had a pen ready and she seemed to be displeased with my uniform choice.

Adeline wore a skirt that hit her ankles, a long sleeved shirt with a bow in the middle. Her red hair was braided behind her back.

Charlotte informed me that Adeline was only nineteen, she had an internship here. Unfortunately for me, that internship wouldn't run out until another year before she was on her way to her dream university which was Harvard.

Of course it was.

Adeline was one of those perfect daughters, she believed in God as much as her parents did. She was respectful to adults, to prayed before she went to bed. Charolette had also informed me that she had given herself to celibacy or she was waiting until marriage.

She was the person Grandma would love to give me up for.

"It's a weekly student report, I have to make sure you have nothing in the room that would go against the rules" In which she means things as, condoms, birth control unless they were taken to prevent a period, drugs, sex toys, anything that could be used to harm yourself.

Adeline began to look around, she opened my closet and peeked at a box I hid behind my clothes and seemed to smile as if she had hit the lottery.

The disappointment on her face made me smile when she found the box filled with the most ugliest dresses that Grandma had recently sent after hearing about my "inappropriate" choice of clothing.

"You are required to have a cross in your room, either above your bed or on the side" I opened my dresser and took out the cross necklace. Laying on my desk near my bed, she wrote something down.

"Happy now?" She slightly rolled her eyes, continue to look around,

Every rule on this academy made me want to rip my own head off. You had absolutely no privacy when it came to the weekly reports.