Chapter 4: The Negotiation.

Sorry for the delay, a little earthquake interrupted my time while writing and I usually release chapters around 9AM to 10.

Oh, and don't worry 'bout it, I'm fine, just a small shake is nothing for me.

Now then, on with the chapter!

.

..

...

...

"Are you fucking serious mate?"

Mick, who was enlightened by Xavier telling him the news (i.e. they're not on Earth anymore and on a completely new world) said to Xavier who was also telling the other medics in the pavilion tent.

"Yes, Barrack wants you to announce it to the rest of the hospital staff and the patients, it'll be tough, but everyone needs to know the truth."

Mick leans on the table littered with paper reports of missing people or personnel and the patient who has contracted the strange disease of rocks that started to form on his skin.

"Fuck me, and here I thought the Floridian Mayor'll do something competent, fuckin' Dyer ain't gonna do shit about this."

Mick vulgarly said, scratching the back of his head in increasing frustration, stressed and shocked at this problem they have in their hands.

"S-So that explains why everyone has those animal ears, I thought they were for cosplay purposes, honestly."

Michael pointed out, piecing the puzzles together in his head.

"It's odd how calm we are despite finding ourselves not on Earth anymore."

One of the female doctors in the tent, who Xavier knows as the head nurse's assistant, simply named Emma, commented with an unsurprised look on her face.

"Well, Florida is enough to give us a taste of existential dread, so I'd say we'd be used to the situation now."

A few chuckled among the tent when Aiden joked as Xavier approached Mick, placing his hand on his stiffened shoulders that have been overworked for weeks now, even before the earthquake happened.

"Mick, is it okay for you to tell everyone what's the reality here?"

Mick turns his head over at Xavier, who slowly nodded yes, trying to resist the fear and panic on his expressionless face.